Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Electronic Gateways
 Integrate Paypay Pro to VPASP
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mxu8808
Starting Member

25 Posts

Posted - March 29 2007 :  23:28:46  Show Profile  Visit mxu8808's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have been thinking about using PayPal Pro for months. I haven't started because I am afraid my ability to install it.

There is no detailed instruction online for installing PayPal Pro with VPASP. I see on Paypal site "API", "Scripting language", ...I am really shocked!! I never heard about API and scripting language...Is that so difficult to do so? Is there a step by step instruction for non-teches to integrate Paypal Pro into VPASP 6.5? Thanks!

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - March 30 2007 :  01:32:16  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi there,

PayPal Pro is actually one of the harder gateways to install as it requires a lot of changes for the host.

You can have a look at the following page for information on PayPal Pro:
http://www.vpasp.com/virtprog/paypal.htm

We are also shortly going to be offering hosting and will have the PayPal Pro and Google CheckOut API's enabled for our customers to be able to access them very easily.

Thanks
Cam

VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page

revrat
Starting Member

47 Posts

Posted - March 30 2007 :  10:05:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just tried to get it going for my site and it simply doesn't work for me. My host says they installed the SDK properly and the support here said there is a bug in the Latest SDK which is very hard to find any information over on the Paypal developement site.

So as far as getting that to work for my site it doesn't look very good since there is absolutely no support from any of the three sources I would need it from.

You would think Paypal might do a better job of it since the only real alternative is to use another payment service but I guess not.
At least I can set up VPASP to just take the credit info and use the PAYPAL interface manually for now.

VPASP hosting sounds like a good idea but then again I am paying so little for hosting now it might be tough to change.

J. Wasko
www.ominousdrone.com
Go to Top of Page

Scooter
VP-CART New User

USA
102 Posts

Posted - March 31 2007 :  00:35:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I find paying for cheap hosting not such good idea in long run. Too make the money back they have to load up servers and not able to offer proper service.

A lot of people here use Alentus. I think they have Paypal Pro SDK installed? Not sure though 100%

S.

Edited by - Scooter on March 31 2007 00:41:38
Go to Top of Page

Happy
VP-CART New User

90 Posts

Posted - March 31 2007 :  16:04:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cam,

Paypal Pro is currently available only for US merchants. Will non-US merchants be able to use you service once you host? I will be one who would like to explore that once you have launched.

Thanks,
Happy
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - March 31 2007 :  23:04:33  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Happy,

PayPal Express Check Out is now available for US, UK and Australian users.

PayPal Pro I am not sure about at this point for Australian or UK users however.

If PayPal support it our integration files will work though. You may need to contact PayPal and see if they support your country as yet.

PayPal Pro and Express CheckOut do require that your host go through quite a number of installation steps and many just will not do this and even if they do they can get it wrong causing lots of headaches.

Thanks
Cam

VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00