Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 SSL for entire shop
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jayceew
VP-CART New User

USA
114 Posts

Posted - March 27 2007 :  22:34:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi ALL,

I wanted to secure my whole site, so I made an SSL certificate to use on my test server (IIS 5.1 on XPpro)and I applied it to my shop folder.

I enter the site using https://mysite etc. And everything works OK. all my pages come up as secure pages, and I can place orders and all. I can get to my admin page in secure mode and all.

My question is, Is this a proper way to do this, or will I have any kind of problems with it in the future? I know most just secure a few key pages, but I want to secure the whole sight.

Thanks

Jack

Peter
VP-CART New User

125 Posts

Posted - March 28 2007 :  06:21:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Maybe the BZY Domain Tools addon will help?

http://www.vpasp.com/virtprog/vpaspforum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4688

Out of interest, why would you want to secure the whole site?
Go to Top of Page

jayceew
VP-CART New User

USA
114 Posts

Posted - March 28 2007 :  16:51:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Peter,
I really don't want to secure the whole site, but i'm using a test certificate that I made myself. and every time I go to a secure page I got a prompt asking me to accept the certificate. I have some friends testing the site and they were getting a little annoyed with that. They are loading real customer information and I wanted that to be secure. So I thought I would just secure the whole site for now. I'm really a novice at this and have been slowly putting this shop together for over a year now. I'm just finishing up the product DB now and should go live in about a month. I figured once I select a host I'll setup the ssl correctly. I'm also adding some forms so my customers can fill out a credit application online. Still working that out. It's a learn as I go project, and I'm definatly flying by the seat of my pants.Any help or suggestions are always welcome.
Take Care and Thanks
Jack
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00