Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Problems and bugs
 Change Currency and iFrame
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

goshen
VP-CART New User

132 Posts

Posted - March 25 2007 :  05:13:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am not sure if this is a bug or something. There seems to be a problem with using iframe with the change currency sub. I have my featured product display through an iframe and everytime I attempt to change the currency on any page using the drop down menu, the page jumps to the iframe src page.

If I change the iframe src page to a non existent page on the site, and then change the currency using the drop down menu, it works fine.

I have not made any changes to shopproductsubs2.asp where the Sub Navigateshowcurrencies is being called from.

Scooter
VP-CART New User

USA
102 Posts

Posted - March 25 2007 :  06:03:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not sure if a bug if you are making such big changes to software?

Have you tried by putting back to normal? When i break something it generally easy to find if I put back one bit at time.

S.
Go to Top of Page

goshen
VP-CART New User

132 Posts

Posted - March 25 2007 :  13:05:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't believe this is a big change to the software. All I am just doing is placing the featured product sub in an iframe so that I can take advantage of the scrolling feature.

Go to Top of Page

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - March 25 2007 :  15:10:21  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
you'd need to make sure that the iframe links to the outer area, and not the iframe; I think the wft templates do that for their "what's hot" scrolling frame.

to do that, make sure that:

target="_top"

is on the links within the iframe, eg;

<a href="shopexd.asp?id=[catalogid]&bc=no[add_websesslink]" target="_top">more info</a>

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)