Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 Login and registration
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sailor
Starting Member

5 Posts

Posted - March 21 2007 :  10:39:00  Show Profile  Visit sailor's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hey all,
Is there a way to automatically login a user after registration? It seems so basic! Most sites I shop at do this automatically. I'm using VPASP 6.0 plus. Searched the forums and this has come up before but the answer seems to be you have to write code to do it. If that's the case since it is so basic an operation maybe VPASP could post the code to do it. This really seems like it should be part of the system.

Thanks

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - March 21 2007 :  10:56:59  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
from what I can work out, if you enter your details during the order process then you do effectively end up logged in automatically, but if registering as a separate process you don't end up logged in after registering. we have customised a few sites in the past to make registration log you in automatically, but it was very version-specific (ie each vpasp sub-version would need slightly different logic)

It's quite a complex area to customise though, because a lot of the functions are shared for different aspects (ie registration, mail-sign-ups, enter-details-during-ordering etc), so if changing one aspect you might inadvertantly break another aspect, so it would need to be done very carefully.

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons

Edited by - devshb on March 21 2007 10:58:55
Go to Top of Page

extremeskillz
VP-CART New User

USA
94 Posts

Posted - March 21 2007 :  11:36:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yes look in your config for a setting called xcookielogin. Set this to yes. this configures vpasp to send the users computer a cookie for quick login when they return to your site later.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00