Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 VP-ASP 6.00 Questions
 How Do I change the size of the site?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

smurph05
Starting Member

USA
2 Posts

Posted - March 16 2007 :  18:06:08  Show Profile  Visit smurph05's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have a problem with my website that I cannot solve. The site cannot be viewed on all monitors without having to scroll left. My customer feedback is that this is very annoying, and I can fully understand that. These are people with multiple platforms and different browsers and different sized monitors. Someone has suggested a coding error? My site designer has suggested that since this is a VP-ASP template then it cannot be changed easily. Is this true? Please help! My site is
http://www.northwoodsstateofmind.com

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - March 16 2007 :  19:13:10  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi there,

The main problem that I can see is you have your products set to display across the page. You need to enter the online Set-Up and go to Products 1 and change the following:

xproductcolumns = 1

Currently you have it set to 2.

Hope this helps

Thanks
Cam

VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page

elammers
VP-CART Super User

USA
256 Posts

Posted - March 16 2007 :  21:34:16  Show Profile  Visit elammers's Homepage  Reply with Quote
When I look at the Lodge Antler Collection category in Firefox, all looks fine. But when I bring it up in IE6, I get that scroll bar that shouldn't be there. And that's with my screen resolution set on 1280 x 1024.

What version is this?
Did you edit the template file that displays the product lists?
Have you tried turning off the sorting option to see if that does anything?

I'm guessing the problem is with a width definition for a table and/or column.

Regards,

Eric in Maine
Go to Top of Page

smurph05
Starting Member

USA
2 Posts

Posted - March 16 2007 :  22:56:25  Show Profile  Visit smurph05's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I use Firefox and Safari and I have no issues. However, it seems like at least most of my customers do have the problem and it annoys them enough to bring it to my attention. I did not edit any template tables, and the sorting option was just turned on today by my web developer who is as flummoxed as I am about this. The problem still exists even with the product display set to one column. My developer had me reduce the size of the all the pictures, which I did, and it didn't help. Where can I find the width definition tables? This sounds like it might be the key...
Go to Top of Page

elammers
VP-CART Super User

USA
256 Posts

Posted - March 18 2007 :  19:44:27  Show Profile  Visit elammers's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I just pulled up your site again today in IE and is working as it should.

Sorry, I didn't mean that there is a database table with width definitions. I meant that one of the many tables used for layout probably had a width defined a little off that IE interpreted differently than FF.

If none of the product templates were edited, then load the desired site up to a hidden test area directory to experiment and find this problem. First place I would start is to load the default SHOPPAGE_HEADER.HTM and SHOPPAGE_TRAILER.HTM files over your custom design. Could be that whoever skinned your site accidentally added, edited, or removed some part of a table that they shouldn't have.

Regards,

Eric in Maine
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00