Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 Dynamic languages on the home page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Adam_Hawkins
VP-CART New User

United Kingdom
56 Posts

Posted - March 16 2007 :  12:09:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is there any way to get pages such as default.asp to display dynamic information such so it can change depending on what language is selected?

If so can it be read from an HTML file or does it have to use a lookup table like the translations for the site navigation?

We have a number of static pages which will hopefully become dynamic by being available in multiple languages.

Any ideas?

Thanks

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - March 16 2007 :  21:23:32  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Adam,

In version 6.50 you can translate the home page by going to the content page reference in the admin and clicking Add Translation.

You need to have added one of the language pacs first so the language appears as an option.

Your customers then just need to select what language they wish to view the site in from the drop down list in the left column,

Hope this helps

Thanks
Cam

VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page

Adam_Hawkins
VP-CART New User

United Kingdom
56 Posts

Posted - March 20 2007 :  05:37:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks that worked a treat!

Unfortunately now 6.5 seems to have messed around with the layout, the categories column is force justified right whereas I want it left, I have tried editing the box as well as the CSS attached to it and neither change its position. Any ideas on how to do this????
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00