Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 Sub-Categories visible under Categories
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

prahna1
VP-CART New User

USA
70 Posts

Posted - March 16 2007 :  01:01:20  Show Profile  Visit prahna1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm using 6.5 and I've added categories and subs. On the header page I see this code to show the list of categories on the left.

<!-- START CATEGORY BOX -->
<h2><%=getlang("langcommoncategories")%></h2>
<%NavigateShowCategoriesStyled%>

Is there a way or a code that will list the subs below the categories as in shopcategorylist.asp?

Preston

Kidd
VP-CART Super User

Australia
373 Posts

Posted - March 16 2007 :  01:08:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
don't really understand, what are you trying to do exactly?
Go to Top of Page

prahna1
VP-CART New User

USA
70 Posts

Posted - March 16 2007 :  01:25:40  Show Profile  Visit prahna1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
When you add a new category it shows up under Categories on shopdisplaycategories.asp. But it does not show any subs. I only see 3 dots after the category. For example my category is invitations. So that shows up. But I have subs like birthday, wedding, and bar mitzvah. Those subs are not showing up under the invitations category. Only after I click on invitations will it show the subs, but I want them to show up under the parent on the website so visitors can click directly to the sub without having to first click on the parent.
Go to Top of Page

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - March 16 2007 :  05:54:06  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
it sounds like what you're after is displaying the full category tree on the left-panel; if it's any help, the file shopcategorylist.asp will do that, so what you could do is move the relevant functions from that to the bottom of shop$db.asp, and then call it from within your side-panel.
You'll probably need to rename some of those functions/variables to avoid conflicts/errors, but I think that would be the easiest thing to do. It might slow down the loading of the pages though; depends on how well tuned the database is and the number/levels of categories that you have.

I don't think there's a built-in for the full-category-tree to display within a side panel; I think you'd need to use that shopcategorylist.asp code as the base for it.

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons
Go to Top of Page

prahna1
VP-CART New User

USA
70 Posts

Posted - March 18 2007 :  18:58:49  Show Profile  Visit prahna1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I think I might just link the word categories to the shopcategorylist.asp and have it come up that way. Is there a template associated with shopcategorylist.asp so I can alter the way that the page appears?

Thanks,
Preston
Go to Top of Page

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - March 19 2007 :  06:23:01  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
there's no template for it; instead you'd edit shopcategorylist.asp, look for:

Sub Formatcategory

that's the function you'd change; all the display logic is within that.

(plus some other bits, eg in "Sub Createcattable", and at the end of "sub Displaycategories"

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons

Edited by - devshb on March 19 2007 06:23:49
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000