Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 admin timeout
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

prahna1
VP-CART New User

USA
70 Posts

Posted - March 16 2007 :  00:04:31  Show Profile  Visit prahna1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I've read the posts about this and have done everything. I've changed the session.timeout from within the admin page to 20, 30, even 60 minutes. I've also had the hosting company increase my server timout. My admin page still times out after about 3-5 minutes. On some things I cant even get to the bottom of the page before the admin page times out.

What's going on with this? What's everyone doing to avoid the timeout?

Thanks,
Preston

Kidd
VP-CART Super User

Australia
373 Posts

Posted - March 16 2007 :  00:51:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
do you also get the unknown language variable error?
Go to Top of Page

prahna1
VP-CART New User

USA
70 Posts

Posted - March 16 2007 :  01:03:16  Show Profile  Visit prahna1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
No, don't know what that is, but no errors. It just times out after a few minutes and spits me out of the admin page. It displays Unauthorized administrator. I'll check with my hosting company and see how many minutes they have the server set to time out. Maybe it's on that end.

Edited by - prahna1 on March 16 2007 01:04:21
Go to Top of Page

Kidd
VP-CART Super User

Australia
373 Posts

Posted - March 16 2007 :  01:05:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
were you logged in as admin and customer at the same time?
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - March 16 2007 :  01:07:59  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The problem you are describing is caused by the application resetting itself. When you first login to the admin system the shopping cart checks to see if the application (language/configuration) variables are loaded into memory.

The usual cause for this problem is if your web hosting company has your site running in a "Web garden" setup where your site is shared between multiple processes/servers.

Another possibility is if you are assigned to an application pool that has too many sites assigned to it causing each site to be intermittently recycled.

You would need to ask your web hosting company to make sure that you are not assigned to a web garden type setup and to assign you to your own application pool that has recycling disabled and the recycler process set to recycle your site only once at a set time during the day.

This should resolve your issues.

Hope this helps,
Cam

VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page

goshen
VP-CART New User

132 Posts

Posted - March 16 2007 :  23:10:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That is exactly right. I was having the same problem and I contacted my host and the timeout was increased several times until someone figured out I was part of a pool that auto resets. All he had to do was take me out of the pool and that soolved the problem

To confirm this is the case, I installed a difft ASP admin appp on the server and was consistently timeout just like vpasp admin, so I was able to prove to my host that the issue was with them.

Hope this helps
Go to Top of Page

prahna1
VP-CART New User

USA
70 Posts

Posted - March 18 2007 :  15:35:32  Show Profile  Visit prahna1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yeah, that seemed to do the trick. After telling them what you guys wrote, they finally got it right and now my admin page does not seem to time out after a few minutes. Thanks for the help on this one.

Preston
Go to Top of Page

goshen
VP-CART New User

132 Posts

Posted - March 19 2007 :  19:42:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
you are welcome
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: