Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 US Postal Service Shipping
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

cahre3
Starting Member

19 Posts

Posted - March 09 2007 :  16:17:21  Show Profile  Visit cahre3's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I've signed up for a merchant account via the United States Postal Service and have assigned the weights for my products so that the shipping is calculated by the weight. I am wondering how other merchants assign the weight of the mailer/shipper box/envelope etc in the cost of the shipping through the USPS? See, I sell music/CD/LP/cassettes on my website and if someone orders one CD which weighs (for example) 4 ounces, the USPS shipping rate is calculated based on the 4 ounce weight of the product. I need to incorporate the weight of the mailer/shipper box/envelope in the cost. I thought about adding a base price to each item, but if someone orders 25 CDs, not only is the shipping calculated through the USPS by weight of product but also 25 base prices are then calculated. Any suggestions? I cannot put HANDLING as a charge and to put a base price on each item would nt be accurate when including 25 CDs into one box, versus 25 separate CDs being sent out in 25 separate boxes. Any ideas?
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00