Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 Kidd and Simon: Please help?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

goshen
VP-CART New User

132 Posts

Posted - March 09 2007 :  12:26:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have posted this request for a while and not a single response by anyone. It seems that the issue is being avoided or I am asking the wrong questions.

Can either of you please look at this post : http://www.vpasp.com/virtprog/vpaspforum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6626 and please advise me on what I need to do. Its running on v6.5 deluxe that I purchased from VPASP directly. I am currently testing on my local XP pro PC with remote connection to MSSQL Server with my host.

Thanks
Goshen

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - March 09 2007 :  12:40:04  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
you can use the suppliers table to drive the poplist values (ie create the drop-down by using the records from the suppliers table)
then get that drop-down to query using the supplierid from the poplist.

the url that the supplier drop-down should do onchange would be something like:
shopquery.asp?supplierid=50

you wouldn't need to do a join to the suppliers table on the product-searches, because the supplierid is on the products table, and the supplier name is only needed to generate the poplists which can be generated from the suppliers table.

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons
Go to Top of Page

goshen
VP-CART New User

132 Posts

Posted - March 10 2007 :  08:11:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Many thanks Simon. I changed my SQL syntax to only select from the supplier table and then passed the supplier id into the onchange menu. It retrieved the products matching the id parsed but it does not show the name of the supplier on the title of the shopproductdisplay.asp page, rather it just has Products. Is there a code I need to write in the shopproductdisplay.asp page to let users know that these are the products matching the selected supplier just like it shows for categories?

Thanks...you are a gem!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00