Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 Installation help
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

prahna1
VP-CART New User

USA
70 Posts

Posted - March 09 2007 :  00:38:55  Show Profile  Visit prahna1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I've set up several VPASP sites. THe last one was the free vesion last month, but I just upgraded to the new 6.5 deluxe. I've followed the directions and the database is not being read. I get an internal server error.

I uploaded the zip file and extracted the contents. I changed the shop$config.asp file. I see the default file but when I click the link to acces the cart it goes to an internal server error. I have full permissions and can't understand what's going on and hope I can get some help with this simple issue.

The site is http://www.polkadotparchment.com.

Thanks,
Preston

Kidd
VP-CART Super User

Australia
373 Posts

Posted - March 09 2007 :  01:52:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i cant see your default file form the link
Go to Top of Page

prahna1
VP-CART New User

USA
70 Posts

Posted - March 09 2007 :  08:13:06  Show Profile  Visit prahna1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I put up an html file. Just try any file like default.asp or shopdisplayproducts.asp or diag_dbtest.asp. This is a clients site and I need to maintain some sort of structure if anyone does visit it.

Any suggestions. This is really confusing as I have set up sites before. This should only take a few minutes to do and I spent the entire night checking out this problem with no luck. My other sites set up fine and are working on line. Is there somehting new in 6.5 that I don't know about? Pleas help.

Preston
Go to Top of Page

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - March 09 2007 :  10:42:34  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
when I try to open an asp from that site, I get a generic server error, even when using netscape (which usually gives a proper error).

Try creating a file called test.asp which has nothing in it apart from:

<% Response.Write "TEST" %>

and see if that throws up an error; if it does then it'll be a server problem rather than a vpasp problem.

The error I get is:

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator to inform of the time the error occurred and of anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Web Server at polkadotparchment.com

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons
Go to Top of Page

prahna1
VP-CART New User

USA
70 Posts

Posted - March 09 2007 :  17:24:59  Show Profile  Visit prahna1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ok so I did the Test.asp file and I get the same internal server error.
Go to Top of Page

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - March 09 2007 :  17:30:43  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
ah; ok; that narrows it down a lot then; it might be something obscure but simple; maybe you don't have asp enabled as an option on the host/site/domain by default.

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons
Go to Top of Page

prahna1
VP-CART New User

USA
70 Posts

Posted - March 09 2007 :  17:33:32  Show Profile  Visit prahna1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'll check it but it's the same server as my other site http://mypeakview.com. That site is identical except that uses the free VPASP. I have the same host, uploaded the zip file the same way. and had it up and running in a few minutes. This is a windows 2003 hosting plan so ASP is active by default. I just checked the permissions on the database file and the database. Seems OK...
Go to Top of Page

prahna1
VP-CART New User

USA
70 Posts

Posted - March 09 2007 :  17:45:17  Show Profile  Visit prahna1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
OK, For some reason it just worked. All asp files now work. I had sent an email to my server tech support and informed them what you had said, maybe ASP was not turned on for this site. Who Knows, All I know now is that it works, Thanks a million.

Preston
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00