Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 coupon source added to a landing page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dgardner35
Starting Member

19 Posts

Posted - March 05 2007 :  18:33:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello,
I need some help figuring out a situation. We have google ppc ads and actual print ads out for are customers to either click on the ppc ad or type in a special url from a print ad. I was going to create landing pages where I would have the coupon code spelled out for them and all they had to do was to put it in the coupon box on that landing page then once they click enter they would automaticlly receive the special discount.

I don't know if this makes since but I am trying to find an easy way for the person coming from the ppc ad or print ad to take advantage of whatever special, diso****, etc. I was offering.

I also thought about seeing if there was code or a way to add the coupon code box on the view cart page so that they could enter their coupon there. I just found that on the customer form the coupon code was all the way down at the bottom where someone may not see it.

Any suggestions or need more detail.

Donnie

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - March 05 2007 :  20:23:40  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Donnie,

With coupons you can actually have them in the link itself and also can redirect customers to a specific page as well.

For example:

http://www.yoursite.com/shopcouponentry.asp?coupon=testcoupon&returnurl=http://www.yourdomain.com/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=1

Hope this helps

Thanks
Cam

VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page

dgardner35
Starting Member

19 Posts

Posted - March 15 2007 :  11:23:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Cam,
Here is an example of what I was thinking but they basically take you to their main page. It doesn't have to do exactly this but I was wondering how we can show that they received a discount after they get past the customer information page. They sent me an email with the coupon link and when you clicked on it, you are taken to their site that says the coupon is activated. They show your discount in your cart when you view cart or ready to checkout which is before you have to enter customer information.

Here is the example (it was in an email):
Activate your $20 coupon
Coupon Valid 3/1/2007 through 3/31/2007
Valid on orders $100 and more

http://r.vresp.com/?PublitekInc.dbaFotos/9b71630fc0/879319/f60aca4ab2/099d8ad

Also, is there a way to show the coupon discount when the viewcart/checkout page or before they get to the customer information page? also could the coupon box be moved to the top where that is what they enter first on the customer information page? if so how to move it.

Best regards,
Donnie
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00