Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Add-ons for VP-ASP
 Canada Post Shipping Calculation
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

rosslin
Starting Member

Canada
2 Posts

Posted - March 05 2007 :  17:42:39  Show Profile  Visit rosslin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I submitted this as a helpdesk ticket but thought I'd post it here as well incase anyone knows a solution/has the same problem.

Hello.
I bought you cart yesterday and upgraded to 6.50 today. In both 6.00 and 6.50 I ran into the same problem with the CanadaPost addon. Everything works absolutely fine, however, CanadaPost always returns shipping values in Canadian funds. While testing the cart in American dollars (most of my customers are from USA) it takes the value that CanadaPost returns but applies it in American dollars.

Example, CanadaPost returns value 14.37 and VPASP will charge $14.37USD (or whatever currency is selected) as shipping. I was wondering if I could have the addon amended as this is a big roadblock in me offering a multi-currency cart. Also, in both the 6.00 and 6.50 version of the addon, the - const CPURL="http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:30000" - needs to be updated to - const CPURL="http://sellonline.canadapost.ca:30000" - as this is their new server as of Nov. 2006. The other IP does not work anymore.

A timely response is appreciated, even if the issue cannot be rectified immediately. I understand your company must be very busy with the launch of 6.50 that just occured today.

Edited by - rosslin on March 05 2007 17:45:47

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - March 06 2007 :  01:33:06  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi!

We have helped rosslin out through our helpdesk - we have basically added some new code to the Canada Post add-on that will convert the prices returned by Canada Post into the currently chosen currency before displaying the shipping options.

If you are interested in this code, please contact us via our helpdesk at http://www.vpasp.com/virtprog/helpdesk

Kind regards,
Claire
VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page

rosslin
Starting Member

Canada
2 Posts

Posted - March 07 2007 :  18:14:48  Show Profile  Visit rosslin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
very true. VP-ASP added a bunch of new code to the CanadaPost module and it works awesome now!

Thanks Claire :)
Go to Top of Page

Dubbya
Starting Member

Canada
30 Posts

Posted - March 12 2007 :  10:10:07  Show Profile  Visit Dubbya's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi all,

any chance that you might be willing to provide a step-by-step guide on how to set up the Canada Post realtime lookup, including how to set up the Canada Post account, email addresses and so forth?

While the addon itself looks like it should be easy to configure, it would be extremely helpful to know where to start and whom to contact at Canada Post.

Regards,

Great prices on generic inkjet cartridges and laser toner in Canada.
www.inkjetOasis.ca
Go to Top of Page

FCS-Webmaster
VP-CART New User

Canada
120 Posts

Posted - July 27 2007 :  17:20:52  Show Profile  Visit FCS-Webmaster's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You can contact Canada Post at 1-866-511-0546 and ask for 'Sell Online Help Desk'
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00