Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 Database/Permissions Issue
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Adam_Hawkins
VP-CART New User

United Kingdom
56 Posts

Posted - March 01 2007 :  11:21:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have been trying to port a website from our staging server to our live server.

I keep getting issues though:

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80004005'

[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][DBNETLIB]Invalid connection.

/shop$db.asp, line 344

I am sure i have all the permissions correct, but this keeps happening. I cant load the html pages, so it would seem to be related to the database.

Thing is when i try to acess the website it asks for login details for the live server which is slightly odd especially when the permissions are set to everyone.

Any ideas?

I am getting a massive headache from this now...

Thanks

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - March 02 2007 :  00:13:49  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Adam,

If you still have not got this one working please post a ticket in our help desk our support crew will be able to look into this for you.

https://www.vpasp.com/virtprog/helpdesk

Thanks
Cam

VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page

cahre3
Starting Member

19 Posts

Posted - March 24 2007 :  13:53:52  Show Profile  Visit cahre3's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Have you had any luck correcting this error? I've been experiencing the same one, though it comes and goes throughout the course of a day. Id love to know how to fix it!! Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - March 24 2007 :  16:17:31  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
If you are getting sporadic errors regarding permissions it does sound like the host has something set up incorrectly.

Have you asked them about it?

We have a list of hosts that we can recommend at:
http://www.vpasp.com/virtprog/vpasp_partners.htm

Between them they have thousands of VP-ASP stores online so have a great deal of experience and are very helpful as well when it comes to any issues you may come up against.

Hope this helps

Thanks
Cam

VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page

Adam_Hawkins
VP-CART New User

United Kingdom
56 Posts

Posted - March 26 2007 :  04:23:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The problem was eventually solved, after much trial and error, the shop config file was not pointing to the database correctly, it was pointing to the IP of the server with the database but it needed to be more specific.

It was pointing to :

const xSQLServer="200.200.200.200" (I have changed the IP for securities sake)

It should have been pointing to :

const xSQLServer="WEBSITE\NEWWEBSITE" ( Again the paths have been changed for securities sake)

Edited by - Adam_Hawkins on March 26 2007 05:07:58
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00