Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 Alternate set of Random products on pages
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jayceew
VP-CART New User

USA
114 Posts

Posted - February 25 2007 :  09:52:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi All,
I would like to display different groups of random products on different pages. On say my Bayliner Boats page I would like to display random Bayliners, On my used boats page I would like to display random used boats. On my parts & accessories page I want to display random parts from the shop, etc. Each boat line is in a different catagory. Parts & access are in differing cats and sub cats.
Any ideas?
Thanks for the help
Jack

(waiting for a snow storm in New Jersey USA)

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - February 26 2007 :  00:44:16  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You might find the following addon useful:

Product Showcase Addon:
http://www.bigyellowzone.com/shopexd.asp?id=105

It lets you show different formats for different queries/arguments for different calls to the "showcase" function, and comes with wrapper functions that also allow you to show top-sellers etc, and also allows context-sensitive (category) listings.

I think that everything you're after should be possible with that addon, it comes with lots of examples that you can pick from to base your site's calls to it on, and the readme file for it explains what all the function's arguments do and what you can use for them etc.

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)