Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 Static Page creation
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Steve2507
VP-CART Expert

590 Posts

Posted - February 22 2007 :  02:15:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

Does anyone know of a way to create static pages without going through the admin screen?

The reason I ask is because we have two sites feeding from the same database. On the second site we don't use the admin in any way, we only use it on the main site (where we do all our order processing etc.). Creating the static pages on the first site is easy enough, however I can't seem to get it to work on the second site unless I go into the admin section.

Steve

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - February 22 2007 :  03:35:49  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
obviously you wouldn't want hackers to be able to access it, so you'd still need to have some kind of security thing on there before it generates the pages, so simply taking the checkadmin bit out would be a bad move.

I think the best thing to do would be to create a new asp which accepts querystring arguments of a userid/pwd, and then in that asp it'd check the querystring arguments against a hard-coded value, like it does with the second pwd in admin (or an admin user in the admin table), and if it's a successful match then set a session value to "Y" and redirect to the html generation page. Then, in your html generation asp page, replace the shopcheckadmin line with a check for that session value.

That way, to generate the html you can do it via some kind of url like this:

mydomain.com/iojweroijwer.asp?userid=ij2rj32r&pwd=ufeinwe&pwd2=239r8j
(iojweroijwer.asp; ie give your new arg-checking page an obscure/weird name so that a hacker doesn't find it)

or, if you're feeling adventurous/brave, you could get that url to actually setup all the standard admin login session values and then leave the html generation asp as-is.

we did something similar once (although not for a vpasp admin page, but for a totally custom-created page which did exports etc from the vpasp database), and that's how we achieved it; we were forced into that because the function that we wanted to get it to run had to be run via a simple url line that you'd specify in the access/vb management program that we were doing it for.

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons

Edited by - devshb on February 22 2007 03:46:30
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000