Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 Rotating Orders or Assign Orders to Salesperson
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

prahna1
VP-CART New User

USA
70 Posts

Posted - February 17 2007 :  12:06:48  Show Profile  Visit prahna1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I've searched the whole site and have no luck. Posted on General help me questions and no responses. I need to know if this is possible and fast, so any help is appreciated.

I'd like to know if this is possible. There are 3 different salespeople that will be using the website as administrators and receiving the orders. When orders come in can the first order go to sales person one, when the next order comes in it can it go to sales person 2, next order comes in can it go to sales person 3, next order comes in can it repeat and go back to sales person 1, etc. Is this possible? Is there any way to make it possible?

Also if it is possible, if each sales person has their own log in can they just log in and get their orders? Can sales person one log in and only get those orders for sales person 1?

Thanks and please help
Preston

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - February 17 2007 :  18:09:17  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It's definitely physically possible to do, but would need customisation. I think you'd change the shopaddorder function (in shop$db.asp) to populate a new orders' table field for the admin user that you want it to go to, and then change the shopa_displayorders page to check the value of that field etc.

I think you would need to query the previous one and then stamp the next one on the record, rather than just using a mod maths function or other mathematical calculation to work out who's next, because you'll end up with gaps in order numbers when people cancel orders etc.

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons

Edited by - devshb on February 17 2007 18:12:00
Go to Top of Page

prahna1
VP-CART New User

USA
70 Posts

Posted - February 20 2007 :  11:21:27  Show Profile  Visit prahna1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Once I get this set up Is it possible for the tax to be associated with each sales person? Sales person one lives in CO and Sales person 2 lives in NJ, and sales person 3 lives in MA. So if order comes to sales person 1 and customer lives in CO then they will be charged the tax but if the order goes to sales person 2 and client lives in CO then no tax would be charged.

Does this make sense? Can this be done?

Thanks,
Preston
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00