Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Add-ons for VP-ASP
 My realtime shipping solved...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

OctaneGuy
Starting Member

30 Posts

Posted - February 17 2007 :  01:53:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I wanted to offer 3 shipping types.
1.) No shipping cost for local pickups-Will Call
2.) Realtime US Postal System Calculator
3.) Realtime FedEx Calculator

After I made these records, everytime I chose them for shipping, I would get an error that the Ship Methods couldn't be found.

So I tried a variety of things and then discovered if I manually edited the database and put a Country (defaults to blank), the calculation would work if shipping to that country. That didn't make sense.

So I found that if I put "other" into the country field (I use HeidiSQL), that now I can choose either of the shipping methods no matter what country I'm in, and it properly located the Ship Method. The VPASP instructions may say this, but I was thoroughly confused by them.

Also if you're using the USPS realtime shipping calculator, you need to apply for a UserID otherwise the returned data is wrong. You do this by going to here
https://secure.shippingapis.com/registration/

You will immediately get emailed the UserID, but this won't work on the Production Server so you then need to send an email to
E-mail: [email protected]
Telephone: 1-800-344-7779
7AM to 11PM EST

and tell them that you are finished testing and want access to the Production Server.

JeffBekeris
Starting Member

USA
9 Posts

Posted - March 20 2007 :  19:40:30  Show Profile  Visit JeffBekeris's Homepage  Reply with Quote
So how did the FedEx Real Time calculator go?
Go to Top of Page

OctaneGuy
Starting Member

30 Posts

Posted - March 20 2007 :  21:49:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Works great. The only improvement I would like to implement is to have the customer check a box that identifies the shipping address as Residential or not. And if so, then FedEx Home is the only option. I wish FedEx automatically did this.

I get a lot of FedEx Ground selections to residential addresses---because it's $2 cheaper in most cases. After FedEx makes the delivery, I get docked the additional shipping fee.

quote:
Originally posted by JeffBekeris

So how did the FedEx Real Time calculator go?

Go to Top of Page

JeffBekeris
Starting Member

USA
9 Posts

Posted - April 09 2007 :  15:56:28  Show Profile  Visit JeffBekeris's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I did get the FedEx add-on and after a little bit of confusion I've got it up on the FedEx test server working. The residential/biz choice would be nice. You can, however, get by the $2.00 "ding" you're getting by going into the file fedexrtconfig.asp and adding a merchant surcharge (about line 62) which will add whatever amount you set. You may already be aware of this. Of course, then I guess a biz will pay slightly more. The choice option, as you say, would be nice.

Thanks again,

Jeff
Go to Top of Page

OctaneGuy
Starting Member

30 Posts

Posted - April 10 2007 :  15:54:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've been having some really way off calculations. I had an order that was calculated as 20.3 pounds, in reality it was 24 pounds, but that's not the way off part. The resulting charge to the customer was $24 for FedEx Ground. The actual charge was only $8. Another order was calculated as 2.3 pounds which was correct, and charged $9.32 to the customer, the actual rate was $5. Not exactly sure what's going on.
Go to Top of Page

JeffBekeris
Starting Member

USA
9 Posts

Posted - April 28 2007 :  14:14:05  Show Profile  Visit JeffBekeris's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hey Mr. O,

Sorry I haven't been here for a week or two and didn't see your reply. Hopefully you've got it resolved. I replied to your comment/question about this issue on that topic string.

https://www.vpasp.com/virtprog/vpaspforum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6945

Edited by - JeffBekeris on April 28 2007 14:17:11
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00