Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 GIFT CERTIFICATE EMAILS NOT GOING OUT
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Websonic
Starting Member

14 Posts

Posted - February 09 2007 :  13:20:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We have our VPASP set to require manual authorization of the gift certificates as the client accepts checks. However, typing, 'Yes' in the "giftauthorized" field in EDIT GIFT CERTIFICATES and saving is NOT generating the email to the gift certificate recipient.

Product order emails go out just fine, any ideas what might be the cause???

extremeskillz
VP-CART New User

USA
94 Posts

Posted - February 09 2007 :  14:34:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was going to say maybe you SMTP protocol isn't set up correctly but you said you supply order works fine and the customer is getting the receipts. Are you hosting your own server?
Go to Top of Page

Websonic
Starting Member

14 Posts

Posted - February 09 2007 :  14:45:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We took these sites over a few months ago in a purchase, so we did not set them up. It appears that the only purchase email being generated is from Authorize.net which leads me to believe the email to buyer and recipient is designed to go out immediately after purchase, before manual authorization, and our prob is all VPASP order emails have been shutoff in favor of the Authorize.net email.
Go to Top of Page

extremeskillz
VP-CART New User

USA
94 Posts

Posted - February 09 2007 :  14:50:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
that could be your problem. also if you do host your own server, like i do, make sure the SMTP protocol is set up to "unassigned" Ip addressing.

This happened to me and i was stuck for a week. After some troubleshooting on my server, this was my problem. The server was pointing to a wrong NIC and I just changed it to "unassigned" and it worked since.

Edited by - extremeskillz on February 09 2007 14:51:32
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00