Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 VP-ASP 6.50 Features and Facilities
 feature list
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bluesky
VP-CART Super User

304 Posts

Posted - February 06 2007 :  11:47:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have only just upgraded to 6.0.09 from 5.5 now i find out 6.5 is due out in feb ....... searched and cant find a feature list of this new version to see if its worth waiting for

i am in limbo

is there a feature list anywhere ?

Also just read you will be launching some templates ... will they be backward comaptible ?

PAUL

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - February 09 2007 :  00:01:25  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Paul,

We have been very quiet about the new version however it is finally almost ready for release.

Our new templates are currently available for VP-ASP 6.09 and will be upgraded for use with 650. If you want to have a look at templates you can send us an email at http://www.vpasp.com/sales/shopcustcontact.asp and we will forward you the links to the demos.

We are just putting the final touches on the help guides currently, which are back in PDF format, and finishing off the new VP-ASP web site and we will be ready to go!

There are lots of things different and improved in version 650 that I am sure will be fantastic in helping businesses succeed online.

We improved reporting, security enhancements to help avoid chargebacks, developed an RMA module, a new look that heavily uses CSS, a product comparison page, image upload from the front of site and included the ability to have 7 images by default per product plus lots more.

You can view the basic features page currently at:
http://www.vpasp.com/virtprog/vpasp650_planning.htm

This will be expanded upon shortly.

If you purchase an upgrade now you will not only be able to take advantage of the current upgrade price you also be able to download the new version for free as soon as it is released!

The new upgrade pages also now allow you to upgrade to a higher version as well during the upgrade process so it is the perfect time to get in there and ensure you are one of the first in line for the new VP-ASP 650 Pac!

Thanks
Cam

VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page

bluesky
VP-CART Super User

304 Posts

Posted - February 11 2007 :  18:48:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok , the info above and also the new "multiple" shops facilty sound like it will be worth me waiting for, so i will be waiting anxiously , drooling over the forums for latest information about release dates over the next few days/weeks

PAUL
Go to Top of Page

robmac
Starting Member

26 Posts

Posted - February 26 2007 :  12:46:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Can you confirm that the ticket I submitted in November with the corrections and additions for countries is included as it has still not been included in the latest version of 6.x.

This is important in Europe as the new countries added such as Jersey and Guernsey are treated differently for VAT.
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - February 26 2007 :  18:23:00  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Rob,

Can you please submit a ticket in the help desk with what you are asking about with a full description so we can understand what you are asking.

Thanks
Cam

VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page

robmac
Starting Member

26 Posts

Posted - February 27 2007 :  08:50:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have already submitted a ticket back in November.
The country code list you are using is very out of date and the country names are not the official short names.

The official list is published at http://www.iso.org/iso/en/prods-services/iso3166ma/02iso-3166-code-lists/list-en1-semic.txt

shopcountries.asp does not include countries such as Jersey, Guernsey or Isle of Man which has VAT and shipping implications for European stores and there have been a number of redefinitions of various European countries ie one country becoming two and/or having significant name changes.
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - February 27 2007 :  14:23:43  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks Rob,

I will make sure the list is up to date.

Thanks
Cam

VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page

robmac
Starting Member

26 Posts

Posted - February 28 2007 :  01:22:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As per the previous information I provided this change has an effect on a couple of things which require a warning for people upgrading.
1) The country code for the UK was wrong so this needs changing in both the home country field and the list of EU countries used for VAT calculations.
2) Country specific shipping may need updating.
3) If you are using the BigYellowZone addon for country code to country name substitution this requires updating.
4) We have quite a few customers in the Canary Islands which are part of Spain but are both VAT excempt and far more expensive to deliver to than the rest of Spain so we have added a dummy country ("Spain - Canary Islands", country code EX) to the official list so that this can be handled appropriatly.
There are other EU locations outside the scope of VAT whilst being members, most notably Gibraltar (UK) and Åland Islands (Finland) which already have their own country codes so can be handled correctly.
I am not sure which countries you currently have listed as EU members for the VAT calculations but as well as these changes above Bulgaria and Romania are now EU countries and with the new country list Guernsey, Jersey and Isle of Man are added.
Guernsey and Jersey are VAT excempt but the Isle of Man is not.
A more comprehensive listing of these strange anomalies is avialable at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special_member_state_territories_and_their_relations_with_the_EU#The_VAT_union
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - March 01 2007 :  01:06:52  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Rob,

The country listings in 6.50 have been updated, as has the way that countries and states are handled in your database.

This will make updating them much easier if there are any changes like this down the track.

If you have any feedback on the country list provided with 6.50, we would be most appreciative.

Regards,
Claire
VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00