Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 replacing top navigation bar with buttons
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Questar
Starting Member

Canada
26 Posts

Posted - February 04 2007 :  12:01:48  Show Profile  Visit Questar's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I am trying to replace the background-image for the top navigation bar with a "button" I have created. I've replaced the "menubg.jpg" in shop.css with this button image, but it doesn't display properly. I am guessing that I need to adjust width, height, etc. somewhere? Is there another file that needs to be edited as well, or am I just going about this all wrong? Please help! Thanks.

elammers
VP-CART Super User

USA
256 Posts

Posted - February 04 2007 :  12:21:11  Show Profile  Visit elammers's Homepage  Reply with Quote
In the stylesheet, check out the .navbarbg class. There are size settings in there. For instance, one place the height is set to 20px and another place the width is set to 100%.

Regards,

Eric in Maine
Go to Top of Page

Questar
Starting Member

Canada
26 Posts

Posted - February 04 2007 :  22:17:14  Show Profile  Visit Questar's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks. Tried this and it worked well, although I will need to test in different screen resolutions. Only problem is that I adjusted the height from 20 px to 27 px and now the text (Home, About, Products, etc.) is not horizontally centered - it is too high. Any suggestions on how to correct this?
Go to Top of Page

Kidd
VP-CART Super User

Australia
373 Posts

Posted - February 04 2007 :  22:56:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
can you give some links?
Go to Top of Page

Kidd
VP-CART Super User

Australia
373 Posts

Posted - February 04 2007 :  22:59:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
or try adding this on nabvbarbg

text-align: center;
Go to Top of Page

Questar
Starting Member

Canada
26 Posts

Posted - February 05 2007 :  08:20:16  Show Profile  Visit Questar's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Sorry - wrong terminology. It's the vertical alignment that's off. I've tried adding

vertical-align: middle;

I also tried 'bottom' and 'baseline' as values, but no luck.
Go to Top of Page

elammers
VP-CART Super User

USA
256 Posts

Posted - February 05 2007 :  19:47:38  Show Profile  Visit elammers's Homepage  Reply with Quote
edit the "padding-top" values till you get it.

For instance, the cart I'm working on now has the button height at 30px so my padding-top is set to 8px using the default font info.

Regards,

Eric in Maine
Go to Top of Page

Questar
Starting Member

Canada
26 Posts

Posted - February 06 2007 :  20:06:29  Show Profile  Visit Questar's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks for all your help. This has worked!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00