Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 new error...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Westfalia
Starting Member

8 Posts

Posted - February 02 2007 :  15:09:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I got this error the other day trying to view shopexd.asp...

Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a01f4'

Variable is undefined: 'Handle_Product'

/shopfileio.asp, line 460

anybody know why this would suddenly come up?

SQLDude
Starting Member

41 Posts

Posted - October 26 2009 :  12:50:33  Show Profile  Visit SQLDude's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I just got that error message now as well. With version 6.50 using Foxfire on a Windows 2008 Server, with SQL Server 2008 and IIS 7.5 Was this ever resolved and documented? Seems to be more template related than
anything else. I may have mixed and matched some internally inconsistent template components. I made the adjustment for the template related error: 'Product ID must be numeric' by removing the SPECIAL_ORDER BUTTON entry as described in other postings but this Handle_Product error still remains. Anyone have any ideas?

This year is my 10th Anniversary as a VPASP consultant. Suggestions made to Howard Kadetz which were adopted as part of the core VPASP system include the VeriSign Gateway which I actually debugged and validated, the Snitz Forums Application which you are using right now, and ChiliSoft ASP for MySQL and Linux. I have been developing both ASP, ASP.NET and SQL Server Applications for the same timeframe and my clients have included: United HealthCare, Bank of America, Sirius Satellite Radio, Sovereign Bank, Boston University Medical School, EMC Corp., TJMaxx Stores and several other Fortune 100 or Fortune 500 Companies.
Go to Top of Page

SQLDude
Starting Member

41 Posts

Posted - October 26 2009 :  13:27:20  Show Profile  Visit SQLDude's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Just figured out the issue. There are multiple unique versions of the Subroutine called: Handle_Product each with its own special Case Statements calling other Subroutines which are unique for the current .ASP program and the current template file being utilized.

Each template file, of course, can have any of serveral different braced variable names like:
[formatbutton sub], [formatquantity sub], [SPECIALORDER_BUTTON], etc.

...which also depend on the .ASP program being executed and the settings for which template file will be active. This setting for default template can either be stored in the database, hardcoded in an .ASP file or dynamically determined in a .ASP file based on settings.

Moral of the story: I definitely should have studied all of these possible combinations, subtleties and permutations before changing ANY variables in ANY templates. Some variable values inside certain templates only work for the extended description routines, some of them only for individual product formatting, some for the add to cart, etc.

Oh, what a tangled web we've weaved. Now it is untangled.

This year is my 10th Anniversary as a VPASP consultant. Suggestions made to Howard Kadetz which were adopted as part of the core VPASP system include the VeriSign Gateway which I actually debugged and validated, the Snitz Forums Application which you are using right now, and ChiliSoft ASP for MySQL and Linux. I have been developing both ASP, ASP.NET and SQL Server Applications for the same timeframe and my clients have included: United HealthCare, Bank of America, Sirius Satellite Radio, Sovereign Bank, Boston University Medical School, EMC Corp., TJMaxx Stores and several other Fortune 100 or Fortune 500 Companies.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00