Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 Purchasing Hidden Products
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

femsawyer
Starting Member

39 Posts

Posted - February 02 2007 :  06:11:59  Show Profile  Visit femsawyer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Is there a way to prevent customers from being able to purchase hidden products or maybe add something to another column which in turn would make that product completely unavailable? My products are primarily downloads and we have a 60 day download guarantee. So even after a product is no longer available, we have to keep the product in our system in case they need to redownload. However, if any of these products have been advertised on other sites by our suppliers in forums or something with a direct link, customers are able to purchase it.

Anybody know of a way to stop this?

Partner/Designer: www.3Scrapateers.com
Digital Scrapbooking - Preserve your Memories!

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - February 04 2007 :  22:44:11  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi there,

You may be able to use stock control to stop the product from being ordered once the 60 days has expired.

Set the item to have a 0 stock level so the order button vanishes.

This will let the product be downloaded from an existing order however new customers will not be able to purchase.

Hope this helps.

Thanks
Cam

VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page

epseja
VP-CART New User

USA
61 Posts

Posted - March 05 2007 :  16:35:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What I've done is create some text like "Sorry! This item is currently unavailable!" in place of [SPECIAL_ORDERBUTTON] in an item template.

Then, in the items table, be sure to put the name of the template (like tmp_product_sold_out.htm) in the Product Template File field.

This will allow people to see the item on your site (good for search engine spiders), but not place it in their cart. To set it back, simply remove the information from the Product Template field.

Hope this helps!

-Eric
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00