Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 VP-ASP set-up problems
 Trouble w shopdisplayproducts w SQL 2000
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

drduaner
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - February 01 2007 :  21:15:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Has anybody had problems with shopdisplayproducts not working after switching over to SQL Server from Access? Anybody out there using CrystalTech hosting with a SQL database? Does the version of ASP, e.g., 2.0 or VP-ASP with SQL on a medium trust server cause problems?

I originally developed my site with Access, then attempted to migrate over to SQL 2000.

The areas I instantly had problems with is shopdisplaycategories have never come up since I switched over. I can bring up any asp page except any involving displaycategories - the browser just grinds and grinds -literally crashing the server's application pool.

Also, when I click on the product details for one of the random products displayed and its shopexd page comes up, the extended image doesn't display even though as before the image url is in the SQL database. I checked the tmp_product template and it hasn't changed.

In fact, as far as I can see the SQL db data is exactly like the Access db.

When I switch back to using the Access db - the site works again....what is going on?

chen_19113
Starting Member

6 Posts

Posted - February 08 2007 :  08:24:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, I face the same problem. After switching, shopdisplayproducts.asp not functioning well. It didn't show the small image, and not showing the words that you define in the field "More!", in stead, it shows the field name "More!" on the page.
The reason I try to convert to SQL Server is because microsoft JET is depreciated, and it constantly give me trouble with error when too many hits on the website. Persoanlly, I think VPASP shouldn't use Access at all by default. should use sql server, it saves lots of pain if your website grows. It's not as easy as people thought it is to convert access to sql server. If any code broken, website won't function.
Any ideas on that shopdisplayproducts.asp page?
Thanks a lot.
Go to Top of Page

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - April 08 2007 :  05:22:04  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It sounds like you're both being effected by the sqlserver bug explained here:
http://www.bigyellowzone.com/blog/?p=11

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: