Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 VP-ASP 6.00 Questions
 gift certificate behavior
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ryanknoll
Starting Member

10 Posts

Posted - July 31 2002 :  11:46:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have 3 questions and some quirky behavior I've seen in the demo regarding gift certificates.

First, why is the customer forced to enter an email address to purchase a gift certificate? What if they want it shipped to their grandma as a gift who doesn't have email? Secondly, why is the customer lead directly to the shopgift2.asp instead of just being shown the shopping cart and opportunity to purchase more items? It is quite possible the customer may want to buy more.

Thirdly, on the shopgift2.asp page, I clicked on "view cart", then clicked "add address" (shopdeliveryedit.asp) where I added a future delivery date and new address. The new address/delivery date showed up in my cart fine. So I assumed VPASP would respect the delivery date and shipping address. BUT, after submitting the credit card it immediately sent the gift certificate via email. It did not respect the delivery date nor the physical mailing address I entered. This can't be the way it is supposed to operate.

My questions are:
1) Why are customers required to enter and email address, or is this not required for gift certificates to function? Is there a way around this that is automatic?
2) Why is the customer lead to shopgift2.asp instead of the shopping cart?
3) Why won't the gift certifcate respect the delivery date/address changes I make on the shopdeliveryedit.asp?

Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00