Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 Product order
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Steve2507
VP-CART Expert

590 Posts

Posted - January 19 2007 :  10:05:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Okay, this is probably going to be a stupid question but what the hell.

If you have a 40 products of one type:

(a) Where do you set the number you want on each page?
and
(b) How do you change the order? What I mean by this is if you have codes 01 to 40 then they would automatically come in order (I assume), but supposing you wanted to put product 27 at the start because you had loads of them you wanted to sell. How would you do it?

The reason I am asking is because we are just about to build our site and we are setting the current database up in such a way so that we can do an easy transfer straight into the MS SQL database we are using for the store.

Thanks

Steve

elammers
VP-CART Super User

USA
256 Posts

Posted - January 19 2007 :  10:39:46  Show Profile  Visit elammers's Homepage  Reply with Quote
2 things.

1. Go to xsortproducts in the Products1 Set up area and set the sort the way you want it. Example value could be "ASC pother3". This tells the cart to sort products in ascending order by the pother3 field.

2. Edit each product if necessary by adding this desired sort order in the unused pother field.

SUGGESTION: don't use short numbers like 1,2, or 3. Go with 100, 110, 120, etc so if you want to make a simple quick edit later, it's much easier to edit 1 or 2 products rather than the whole freaking list.

Regards,

Eric in Maine
Go to Top of Page

Steve2507
VP-CART Expert

590 Posts

Posted - January 19 2007 :  11:59:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Eric,

I knew it ad to be simply, but you know how it is sometines, you look so hard you miss it.

Steve.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00