Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Add-ons for VP-ASP
 UPS REAL TIME SYSTEM
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Websonic
Starting Member

14 Posts

Posted - January 11 2007 :  17:48:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We just noted that the numbers yielded by the UPS real time system are at significant variance from the calculations yielded by their web user interface at ups.com

Anyone notice this or have any info on it?

Thanks!

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - January 17 2007 :  00:02:27  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi there,

If you have not had any luck with this you may want to post this in our online help desk.

Thanks
Cam

VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page

Dubbya
Starting Member

Canada
30 Posts

Posted - January 17 2007 :  01:14:30  Show Profile  Visit Dubbya's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Make sure to check your shipping configs for UPS.

You'll likely need to specify the correct shipping zone and give them your correct zip or postal code.

Check your package sizes and weights while you're at it to ensure you're comparing apples to apples.

If you're confident that it's all set up properly, try contacting UPS to see what's up. It's highly likely that their Techies are somewhat familiar with your problem and may well have a fix for it.

Great prices on generic inkjet cartridges and laser toner in Canada.
www.inkjetOasis.ca
Go to Top of Page

Websonic
Starting Member

14 Posts

Posted - January 17 2007 :  07:27:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Already contacted UPS, waiting to hear back. Verified weight and zip code settings. The realtime system simply appears to be pulling outdated data with the pricing pulled being about 60% of what it should be or would be if you pulled the data from their web site interface. Using version 4.5 of VP-ASP in this case.

So, no one else is having this issue?
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - January 17 2007 :  16:00:14  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We unfortunately no longer support UPS in versions older than 6.00 as a result of UPS requirements hence the reason your rates will be incorrect.

UPS developed a new system called UPS Tools which is what version 6.00 integrates with.

Older versions of VP-ASP integrate with their old system which is now redundant.

Sorry i could not provide any good news on this one.

Thanks
Cam

VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page

OctaneGuy
Starting Member

30 Posts

Posted - January 25 2007 :  12:02:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What does this error mean? I just enabled realtime UPS shipping on my V6 software, and when I ran a test shipment, it spewed out a bunch of XML and included this error message. I then found UPS updates in the free download area, and implemented the two files, but now it says the same error message only it repeats the bottom line--Invalid Access License Number twice....

Error occurred getting shipping data. Status code=250003
Invalid Access License number
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - January 28 2007 :  18:03:40  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi!

This error would seem to indicate that your UPS account may not be set up to allow access to the service required.

You need to sign up at the following page -

http://www.ups.com/e_comm_access/gettools_index?loc=en_US

Then go through the setup process in VP-ASP again using the Account Number provided.

Regards,
Claire
VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page

OctaneGuy
Starting Member

30 Posts

Posted - February 06 2007 :  01:07:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
From the Admin/Occasional Tasks/Shipping I get this error message
Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a01f4'

Variable is undefined: 'ignoreerror'

/eshop/shopupsincludes.asp, line 12

It's because I remarked out the line on the shopupsincludes.asp
dim ignoreerror

The reason I did that is because when the script is called from the order pages, it tells me that ignoreerror has already been defined.

Obviously this isn't right either. Why am I getting this error?
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - February 06 2007 :  02:39:45  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi there,

We have a help note on how to apply the UPS fix.

You can view at:
http://www.vpasp.com/helpnotes/shoptocdetail.asp?id=37#279

Thanks
Cam

VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page

OctaneGuy
Starting Member

30 Posts

Posted - February 06 2007 :  09:39:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks. I was getting the errors mentioned in the tech note, so I applied those steps and now I'm getting this new error. If I don't remark out that line to on ignoreerror, then it works from the customer side, but not the Admin side for accessing the shipping component. If I remark it out, then it switches, and works on the Admin side but not the customers side.

I just purchased the FedEx addon component last night--will see if I have the same issues or not.

Richard
quote:
Originally posted by support

Hi there,

We have a help note on how to apply the UPS fix.

You can view at:
http://www.vpasp.com/helpnotes/shoptocdetail.asp?id=37#279

Thanks
Cam

VP-ASP Support

Go to Top of Page

Rei37
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - June 12 2007 :  13:40:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm having a lot of problems with the UPS Real Time system. On the client side of the site, all that's listed as an option is "UPS Real Time".

What I want to do is have 2 options determined by location: UPS Ground if you're within Texas, UPS 2nd Day Air if outside of Texas. Can anyone help me? Thanks!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00