Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 Product Features - Pricing and Weight Adjustment
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jdkerr
Starting Member

Canada
43 Posts

Posted - January 10 2007 :  13:08:14  Show Profile  Visit jdkerr's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Trying to figure out if this is possible or not with v6.0 of the code and if it is possible, how to do it.

I have some products which we sell which we want to offer in a single package, a dual-package or a 5-pack. Would like to be able to display the single item with the option for the user to select an upgrade to a 2 or 5-pack of the item.

If they select a multi-pack item, the price would have to change an alternative price, and the shipping weight should also change.

Is this possible to do with a single inventory item through Product Features, or will I need to create multiple items of the same model with different prices and shipping weights?

Thanks..

elammers
VP-CART Super User

USA
256 Posts

Posted - January 10 2007 :  13:16:02  Show Profile  Visit elammers's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Isn't there something like that with the sample product database, all those DVD cases? Have you looked at that to see how they did it?

I think it is just a matter of having a master product and then 3 inventory products underneath.

Regards,

Eric in Maine
Go to Top of Page

jdkerr
Starting Member

Canada
43 Posts

Posted - January 10 2007 :  13:25:15  Show Profile  Visit jdkerr's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Just after I posted the message - I found the VPASP .CHM Help file - and that sent me in the right direction!

I now have it working just fine, with the exact features that I was looking for.

Amazing what you can do when you have the manual to read up on!

john
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00