Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 Massive customization headache - HELP!!!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bbcompent1
Starting Member

24 Posts

Posted - January 05 2007 :  09:01:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok, I was given a list of requirements that need to be in place and I was wondering if anyone has ever done it this way. I need to implement 2 carts using the same system, however, both function a little differently. The requirements list that I have to create is as follows:

Cart scenarios:

Prepaid orders only get asked for order number, Name, Email, & Phone.
These would be folks that have already paid in advance. Both carts would retain the registrant's details as the first attendee, however that could be easily changed to someone else as necessary.

1. No prices should appear (third party orders)
2. Order button should instead say Register

Online new orders go through standard process.

1. Prices should be displayed

bruce
Starting Member

31 Posts

Posted - January 05 2007 :  14:52:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Have you tried to set up a second folder with a complete site pointing to the same database? You could maybe use customer based pricing and force a log in on the second site. It would be a headache but it would probably work.

Start here: http://www.vpasp.com/helpnotes/shopexd.asp?id=248
Go to Top of Page

extremeskillz
VP-CART New User

USA
94 Posts

Posted - January 05 2007 :  19:14:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have my main site that customers see at first then using VPASP as a catalog for customers to see what we carry. So far the way i have it set up is as soon as the page comes up you are required to logon then you can browes the catalog. the order feature is on but pricing is off. Ands that all i got for now.

You seem to be doing what im doin but more advanced with 2 sites doing the same thing which is a good idea but a lot of work. Good Luck.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00