Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 generate static html error
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

rvaga
VP-CART Super User

USA
254 Posts

Posted - January 02 2007 :  23:51:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi All...

When I try to create static pages (vs. 6.09 at Alentus) it creates some of the categories, then stops and lists the following error:

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80004005'

[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][DBNETLIB]SQL Server does not exist or access denied.

/shopa_generatehtml.asp, line 363

I looked at line 363, seems totally irrelevant. Anyone know what could be causing this error?

Thanks

Kidd
VP-CART Super User

Australia
373 Posts

Posted - January 03 2007 :  07:01:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
does it generated some of the html pages though? have you tried to run it again? perhaps your sql server timeout during that time
Go to Top of Page

rvaga
VP-CART Super User

USA
254 Posts

Posted - January 09 2007 :  23:10:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Kidd,

Yes, tried several times. Looked at line 363 and anywhere near this line, could find nothing that seemed related. I've thought of going for the BYZ add-on for search friendly pages, but it would be nice to get this to work as it should. Might be another one of those SQL2005 problems that seem to cause weird things to happen in VPASP. If no one has any ideas, I might grovel at the help desk on this one. . .
Go to Top of Page

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - January 10 2007 :  04:33:10  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
we've seen this error quite a few times on client's sites for the vpasp html-generator, and it only seems to happen on sqlserver. it does indeed seem to be due to the sqlserver time-out issues as mentioned by kidd.

so, if you're on sqlserver, you'll probably need to add a new/customised line of code which sets the sqlserver timeout for the connection that's being used for the generation if you have a very large/complex category structure.

we made some changes to add a timeout setting, ie:

dbc.CommandTimeout=999

but that didn't seem to be a 100% fix, so we had to create a custom-built set of functions which kind-of refreshed/retried the cursor again.

as far as I know, our search-engine-friendly-page-generator addon (ie asp-generator) doesn't have the same problem (we spent a long time rejigging things to do them in smaller chunks to avoid cursor problems and memory problems)

if anyone passing by wonders what our addon is, here's the link for it:
http://www.bigyellowzone.com/shopexd.asp?id=138

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons

Edited by - devshb on January 10 2007 04:39:58
Go to Top of Page

rvaga
VP-CART Super User

USA
254 Posts

Posted - January 10 2007 :  20:36:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had one category with "has subcategory" set to yes, although there were no products in a subcategory. I set this to "no," and it worked, creating nearly 20,000 pages. Not sure why this would have made the difference, maybe it was just luck.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00