Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 Interesting UPS error
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

watertime
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - December 31 2006 :  13:32:24  Show Profile  Visit watertime's Homepage  Reply with Quote
UPS was working fine. went to try and place an order today and now get this error when it goes to get the rates. "Error occurred getting shipping data. Status code=110971 Your invoice may vary from the displayed reference rates"

Can't find anything on UPS or on the forums here.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Jim

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - January 01 2007 :  18:06:16  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi All,

UPS have recently made changes to their web services which now causes "Warnings" to be reported as errors thereby causing VPASP to fail when retrieving shipping costs.

To rectify this, you can tell VPASP to ignore Warnings by making the changes noted in our help notes at:

http://www.vpasp.com/helpnotes/shopexd.asp?id=279

Please refer to the "Troubleshooting" section of that page for the fix. Please note that this page lists two versions of the fix - one for VPASP 6.0 and one for VPASP 5.50. You need to ensure you apply the correct fix for your version.

Thank you.

Regards,
Michael
VPASP SUPPORT
Go to Top of Page

bmw000
VP-CART New User

137 Posts

Posted - January 01 2007 :  18:55:33  Show Profile  Visit bmw000's Homepage  Reply with Quote
WOW!!!!

I just happened to be browsing the forums and read this.

I checked my site and had this error.

It's now fixed. Thanks support, for posting the fix.

If I wasn't browsing the forum, then I never would have found this.

Who knows how long it would have been before a customer told me about this error.

Most customers just leave and go to another site and never bother to tell us merchants there is a problem with our sites. At least, that has been my experience.

Brian Weber
Variety Solutions, LLC
http://www.varietysolutions.com
Go to Top of Page

FCS-Webmaster
VP-CART New User

Canada
120 Posts

Posted - January 02 2007 :  08:06:05  Show Profile  Visit FCS-Webmaster's Homepage  Reply with Quote
What do you suggest for VPASP version 5.5.

This code doesn't exist in my UPSXMLREALINTERFACE.ASP
if statuscode = "110208" then
Serror=Serror & "UPS can't ship to the country you have requested. Please go back and change your shipping selection.<br>"
else
Serror=Serror & Statusmessage & "<br>"
end If

I don't have a SHOPUPSINCLUDES.ASP or any files with the code
Case "ERRORDESCRIPTION"
MoreWords=FALSE
Statusmessage=words(wordloc+1) & "<br>"
exit sub

Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - January 02 2007 :  16:53:41  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi,

For anyone who cannot find the code or files for the above fix, can you please contact VP-ASP support in the helpdesk at: https://www.vpasp.com/virtprog/helpdesk

Thank you.

Regards,
Joseph

VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page

garthbrown
Starting Member

7 Posts

Posted - January 04 2007 :  11:45:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've tried unsuccessfully to get these suggested code edits to work. I think the problem is that I have some post-install edits to these files already. Thus, instructions like "add the following code around line 15" don't mean anything to me. Even in the unedited xmlrealinterface.asp, line 15 is the GetUPSRates Subroutine definition. Does AROUND mean before the Sub, or within the Sub?

Can Support just email me fixed copies of the files that have changed?

~ Thanks

Go to Top of Page

FCS-Webmaster
VP-CART New User

Canada
120 Posts

Posted - January 04 2007 :  12:09:07  Show Profile  Visit FCS-Webmaster's Homepage  Reply with Quote
GarthBrown try using the find command in your development environment to figure out where the lines of code are that you need to edit.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00