Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 Login for Trade Customers
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

frank Cochrane
Starting Member

United Kingdom
11 Posts

Posted - December 18 2006 :  03:33:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Can anyone tell me how to add Trade Customer request to the login page. So those who are applying for trade status can be differentiated from retail customers.

I would like to add a check box / radio button to denote trade applicant requests. With an email notification (but this is not vital) to owner to initiate trade qualifying process take up of trade/bank references etc.

Regards,
Frank

Adam_Hawkins
VP-CART New User

United Kingdom
56 Posts

Posted - February 22 2007 :  09:13:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would also like to know the same thing, surely its possible??
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - February 22 2007 :  17:13:40  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi there,

In the new version we will have a new feature that allows pre-registrations to be approved before customers can purchase.

This allows for trade customers to sign up and when you authorize their application you can enter one of the discount levels for them.

Another option may be to add a new field to the customers and orders tables and reference this in the following fields in the online Set-Up:

xcustomerothercaptions
xcustomerothercaptions
xcustomerotherfieldsinorder

This way a new field will display on the customer page and you can have your own caption saying something like trade application or something.

Hope this helps.

Thanks
Cam

VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page

Needlerp
Starting Member

United Kingdom
9 Posts

Posted - July 13 2007 :  11:43:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Has this facility been provided in the latest copy of VP-ASP, and if so how do i activate it?
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - July 14 2007 :  10:23:18  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi there,

It certianly has been introduced in Version 650.

You can have a read in the User Guide in Section 9.1.7 Login before shop:

Xcustomerrequiresauthorization

Setting this to Yes means customers cannot login until the merchant has authorized their registration. Can only be used in conjunction with Xlogonrequired

Thanks
Cam

VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page

windsurfer
VP-CART New User

Canada
91 Posts

Posted - June 19 2009 :  11:00:26  Show Profile  Visit windsurfer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi frank
Just wondering if you have solved this. I would like to do the same thing but the authorization feature would apply to everyone who wants to register an account, I would like to be able to have consumers set up an account without having to be authorized but have the possibility to have retailers sign up for authorization. Just wondering if i could add a field to the registration page that would allow this to happen, or have a different submit button on the registration form that would allow a retailer to submit the form for authorization.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00