Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Problems and bugs
 how to remove ''US'' from ''US$''...? in v6
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

interface engineer
Starting Member

USA
30 Posts

Posted - December 13 2006 :  10:22:40  Show Profile  Visit interface engineer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Recently upgraded one of my clients to v6.09 and all dollar amounts have 'US' before the '$' symbol..

Thoughts on how to remove the 'US' part?

Thanks in advance,
Steve

www.interfaceengineer.com

jubjub
VP-CART New User

110 Posts

Posted - December 13 2006 :  19:12:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
go to the currency tables page (in occasional tasks) and change the currency symbol value for US$
Go to Top of Page

interface engineer
Starting Member

USA
30 Posts

Posted - December 13 2006 :  20:34:14  Show Profile  Visit interface engineer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
thanks for the response jubjub - seems like a no brainer, but when I update the field as you suggest, it didn't make a difference (!)

I'm starting to wonder if it has something to do w/ me using seperated databases or something.. anyone else have experience w/ this?

thanks again.

Go to Top of Page

bmw000
VP-CART New User

137 Posts

Posted - December 14 2006 :  19:30:07  Show Profile  Visit bmw000's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I just made the change myself. At first, it didn't appear to work. I just logged out and was brought to the home page and it didn't remove the US.

I just closed all open IE windows and then looked again and it now just displays the $.

I would suggest doing a reload of the shop config and/or clear cookies.

Did you do an upgrade from a previous version to 6.09?

I had some issues after doing an upgrad and it created duplicate tables but with a 1 after it. Example: config and config1. Caused a cross reference of issues. Support had me delete the tables and re-created them with the script.

Brian Weber

Brian Weber
Variety Solutions, LLC
http://www.varietysolutions.com
Go to Top of Page

interface engineer
Starting Member

USA
30 Posts

Posted - December 14 2006 :  20:43:47  Show Profile  Visit interface engineer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks Brian - I think I had the same experience.. I reloaded the config but for some reason it didn't update until I closed all my browser windows.

Steve

Go to Top of Page

jubjub
VP-CART New User

110 Posts

Posted - December 15 2006 :  00:49:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That would be because the selected currency is stored in the session. Changing it and then back again would probably have done the same thing.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00