Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 SQL Server Database
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

bmw000
VP-CART New User

137 Posts

Posted - December 15 2006 :  18:08:06  Show Profile  Visit bmw000's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sharon

This is my host's reply to my questions.
1. How much space are we currently using on the site & database?
2. How can I create database backups, and where can I find the backup files?

You have lots of room left.
With Enterprize Manager you can connect and export the data to you.
We do our own back ups but no customer access for those files.

I don't have enterprise manager but I could get an evaluation copy from Microsoft just for this move but is this a safe option for an inexperienced user?

(Suffice to say I'm not happy with their reply re the space used. I think they have guessed we're planning a move.)

Ask them to zip the backup files and put them in a folder not accessable to the www so you can ftp in and download them. If they are not too big then maybe they can e-mail them to you.

I can see them not allowing access to the actual files, but they should not have a problem giving you a copy.

Brian Weber
Variety Solutions, LLC
http://www.varietysolutions.com

Edited by - bmw000 on December 15 2006 18:12:30
Go to Top of Page

Sharon
VP-CART Super User

357 Posts

Posted - December 18 2006 :  02:18:00  Show Profile  Visit Sharon's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks Brian, these are guys are not helpful at all. They probably smell a rat and realise we are about to move.
I've approached Simon at BYZ for a quote to move the whole site. I think elammers was right. It's important to us, so its worth paying for someone who can do it for us and do it right.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2
Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00