Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 Need Help with CSS Font Color Please!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bagman74
Starting Member

USA
28 Posts

Posted - December 06 2006 :  21:48:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Okay, I purchased a VPASP Skin from a company that advertise on these forums. My client wanted to change the colors of the graphics. In doing so, the background color of the left side navigation changed from white to black. This means that I had to change the default font color from black to white. However, the background of the body/content area of the site is white as well. Now, the majority of the text does not show up. I know that there has to be a better way to change the default color of the text for certain areas (i.e. body/content area, cdescription, extended description,...) of the page rather than go into every product (730+ products), every content page (30+ content pages) and every category (110+ categories) to make the change to the font color. Anyone have some thoughts to this dilemma? The site is on a developmental server at www.rceweb.com/acs/default.asp. Thanks in advance.

Mark

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - December 07 2006 :  05:15:29  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
in general it's best not to use colors/fonts within the descriptions/data, and instead use the generic style/colors files/settings and product/category template files.

I personally don't like using the html-edit function for extended descriptions, and prefer using the text-boxes instead, that way I can check the html won't conflict with the higher-level styles.

I think putting the font stuff inside the templates (ie wrapped around each template-field as appropriate) intead of the product/category data is the key to the easiest way to tweak things.

you can then combine the top-level styles together in a simpler way.
for example, say you've got a style called "productdescription" then you could change your template file to have something like:
$<span class="productdescription>[extendeddesc]</span>

and then you can either change your template, or change the definition of the style.

from what I can remember the templates for-sale around here assume the same kind of logic that normal vpasp displays do, ie that you'd normally use the colors/styles/templates to format things, and only use explicit fonts/styles in the data for very specific things and only rarely.

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons

Edited by - devshb on December 07 2006 05:21:28
Go to Top of Page

ironhawker
VP-CART Super User

USA
260 Posts

Posted - December 08 2006 :  23:45:45  Show Profile  Visit ironhawker's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You can assign classes to things showing up in your dev site, which I just visited that are defaulting to standard windows colors. the /stylesheets/shop.css file will store them for you and then you can have them called from various controls in the subs or shop$colors.asp depending on what they are.

Also you can assign an image (either custom or vpasp) for something like the click to see more and assign it from the virtual admin or a sub.

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Randy "RC" Corn
Institute of Higher Learning

[email protected] 425-828-0738
Go to Top of Page

bagman74
Starting Member

USA
28 Posts

Posted - December 18 2006 :  14:21:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the response. The class thing did the trick. Thanks again.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00