Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 Gift Certificate Setup
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

GregU
Starting Member

15 Posts

Posted - December 03 2006 :  17:55:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
From what I can see, it looks as though I need to call shopgift.asp from a hyperlink in order to enter the gift certificate routine.

What I would like to have happen is have a customer select a gift certificate just as they would any other item and then they would enter the gift certificate routine.

Is there a way for me to create a Gift Certificate Item which ends up calling shopgift.asp in order to complete the sale -- or... something similar?

Thanks!

-Greg

elammers
VP-CART Super User

USA
256 Posts

Posted - December 03 2006 :  22:17:43  Show Profile  Visit elammers's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Just brainstorming and haven't tried this to see if it works but couldn't you add a dummy product called Gift Certificate and whatever info you wanted in many of the fields, but in the Extended Description Page field enter SHOPGIFT.ASP instead of the typical SHOPEXD.ASP?

Regards,

Eric in Maine
Go to Top of Page

GregU
Starting Member

15 Posts

Posted - December 05 2006 :  05:52:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the reply Eric.

Something along that line seems like it would have some success but I am worried that it is not straightforward enough. For instance, if the customer just decided to click the Add To Cart button instead of 'See More'. Then I'm stuck.

I guess I am a little surprised that this can't be handled without some trickery.?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00