Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 Problem Ordering from Search Results Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

go4gold
VP-CART New User

151 Posts

Posted - November 30 2006 :  15:51:23  Show Profile  Visit go4gold's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi. Something strange happens with my cart which I'm hoping is a quick fix rather than a bug.

Normally, when someone hits the "order" button from a product page, the product is added to the cart and the customer is immediately taken to the cart with the option of continuing shopping or checking out. However when a customer does the same thing from the Search Results page, the product is added to the cart but the customer is not redirected to the cart nor anywhere else to confirm that the order has been received. It is therefore tempting for customers to repeatedly hit the order button without realising they are creating multiple orders.

Do other people see the same problem or is it just me?

Thanks in advance.

Go4Gold

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - December 04 2006 :  01:51:25  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi there,

After hitting the "Order" button on the search page your customers should be redirected to shopaddtocart.asp page.

Please log into our dedicated help desk and supply the following details so we can investigate this issue:

https://www.vpasp.com/virtprog/helpdesk

FTP Host:
FTP Username:
FTP Password:

Site url:

Admin url:
Admin username:
Admin password:
Admin password2 (if used):

Regards,
Michael

VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page

go4gold
VP-CART New User

151 Posts

Posted - December 04 2006 :  12:19:25  Show Profile  Visit go4gold's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi,

I've submitted a support ticket as directed, ticket ID number 19986. Thanks.

Go4Gold
Go to Top of Page

go4gold
VP-CART New User

151 Posts

Posted - December 04 2006 :  23:43:22  Show Profile  Visit go4gold's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks Michael for identifying problem as "Xproductstayonpage" being incorrectly set to Yes in my shop config. Working perfectly now. Thanks again.

Go4Gold
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00