Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 VP-ASP 6.00 Questions
 Change of gateway currenturl?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

tri-line
Starting Member

Denmark
30 Posts

Posted - November 28 2006 :  02:17:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello,

Hope somebody can help me out here!

When a client has reached the gateway page, he still has the option of cancelling the hole thing, by pressing the cancel button.
However, if he/she does this, clients are returned to the shoperror.asp page, with the message, that the order has been cancelled. So far everything is OK, but they are still in SSL mode, and will continue so. I would like them to get out of SSL mode.
I guess there has to be set up another url session?
And then set up the cancel button to do that as action?

Best regards,
Kjeld

Edited by - tri-line on November 29 2006 15:30:15

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - November 29 2006 :  16:27:43  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
it depends on whether you use shared ssl or if you have your own ssl certificate for the domain. I'm assuming that shoperror.asp should always be called on non-ssl, in which case you could change it to automatically redirect to non-ssl if it's not already on it.

what we usually do is implement our "domain tools" addon, which automatically switches people on/off ssl on relevant pages (ie it uses a config option to hold the list of ssl pages, then it doesn't matter what your links point to it'll automatically switch/move on/off ssl when then click on something if that page is being viewed on the "wrong" area).

don't know if that's any help or not, but if it is here's the addon:
http://www.bigyellowzone.com/shopexd.asp?id=64

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons
Go to Top of Page

dandlyin
VP-CART New User

USA
73 Posts

Posted - December 12 2006 :  04:28:50  Show Profile  Visit dandlyin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I solved the problem this way:
Edit shopthanks.asp
around line 84, find these 3 lines:
ShopPageHeader ' Normal shop header
'
Shopthanksprint ' printer friendly page

Comment out the first and third lines like this
'ShopPageHeader ' Normal shop header
'
' Shopthanksprint ' printer friendly page

add this line after those above:
response.write "<html><HEAD><link href=""stylesheets/shop.css"" rel=""stylesheet"" type=""text/css""><TITLE>Order Summary</TITLE></HEAD><body>"

The result of these changes should be:
'ShopPageHeader ' Normal shop header
'
' Shopthanksprint ' printer friendly page
response.write "<html><HEAD><link href=""stylesheets/shop.css"" rel=""stylesheet"" type=""text/css""><TITLE>Order Summary</TITLE></HEAD><body>"

These changes eliminate the presentation of normal headers, thus forcing a click on the 'return to home page' link.
The only way out is through the link to shopend.asp, which kills the secure process.
I hope this helps you.
Dan
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00