Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 printing orders
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

daveMartin
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - July 25 2002 :  16:26:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i am just wondering if its possible to set vp.asp to some how auto print an order everytime one is received. Or send it in a format which can be easly printed. 1 order per a4 sheet.

also interested in how people take there orders if they receive alot, ive heard about quickbooks but i dont know much about it or what it can do.

thanks....

bluesky
VP-CART Super User

304 Posts

Posted - August 22 2003 :  08:11:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
>>You could use MS Outlook's rules wizard to
>>automatically print your orders as they are emailed to you.

I like the Idea of this but AM I right is saying :

1. The merchant email is an ASP file so its difficult to customise
for printer friendly format

2. When outlook or any other email program prints out it has header and footer stuff added for dates/to/from/ info that would muck up the look of any printout ... is it possible to turn it off ??

PAUL

Go to Top of Page

Habitue
VP-CART New User

USA
90 Posts

Posted - August 22 2003 :  16:34:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

2. When outlook or any other email program prints out it has header and footer stuff added for dates/to/from/ info that would muck up the look of any printout ... is it possible to turn it off ??

PAUL

When I start to print in my version of Outlook, it gives me an option window that includes a header and footer section. Both have checkboxes to turn on and off the items you mention. Any setting changes is then saved for future print jobs.

Peace,

~Habitue~

Go to Top of Page

bluesky
VP-CART Super User

304 Posts

Posted - September 08 2003 :  22:13:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have been Investigating how best to automise the printing of orders . Thought I would share the solution that I have working for me .
My First thought was I would try and get customised the "VIEW" orders in orders admin. Its seems this is a pure ASP page so is time intensive ( and Boring ) to get customised ... this one page I have been quoted between £150 - £300 to customise. You could view the order and then print after checking if it was customized , although you need to TURN OFF headers and Footers in your browser.

I have chosen to cutomise the merchant email template which is HTML so any old mug , even me can customise.

The biggest problem ... it took me over a week to solve, is printing this out from your email program without the bog standard To: Subject: from : stuff ... its impossible to do in outlook or express it seems , you cannot turn OFF headers/footers/ + the To: From: Subject etc

It seems after a long hard slog to find it, EUDORA can do it but you need to play with adding code to the .ini file

I now have Eudora AUTO printing emails ( ORDERS - merchant email) upon arrival onto an A4 sheet with 4 lables at bottom for the Shipping label / tracking (recorded) book etc

Likley best to set up a separate email account Eudora can "POP" to minimise risk of prinitng wrong emails (lycos doin fine for me)

Further .. DO NOT attempt to place any logos/images into the mechant email .. it seemed to cause chaos with all sorts of VMI errors. Keep it simple , it will take a table to help you position things . If you need this simply preprint them and keep them in printer and orders printing off on arrival will overprint the relevent details.

This has been working fine for me for 3/4 days ,Except when your printer jumps into life when you least expect it and you get a fright. Also noticed twice that there has been a time lag of 15/20 mins between order being placed an email reaching lycos... I belwive this is a lycos problem though .. Shheesh its a free account what can I expect.

I had great trouble a while back obtaining the customized large A4 lable ( split into 4 ) , at the time I was getting stupid quotes for th master plate . Finally found a company in Blackpool who did it for about £60 and then about 9p per lable . Worth it though

Hope this Helps someone , or gives you some Ideas as I have have had plenty help from the forums and Just ask if you need anything clarified

PAUL

Go to Top of Page

kuzerman
Starting Member

13 Posts

Posted - November 17 2003 :  20:30:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What code do you add and to which ini file?

Go to Top of Page

bluesky
VP-CART Super User

304 Posts

Posted - November 24 2003 :  08:51:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Heres a tutorial on how to stop those darn headers showing , I have been using the systen for a few months now and all is working FANTASTIC

http://wso.williams.edu/~eudora/eudora-taboo-headers.html

PAUL

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00