Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 Default local currency problems
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mikelane
Starting Member

45 Posts

Posted - November 25 2006 :  10:18:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi there,

I am in the process of setting up my vpasp site, and one thing that i can not seem to sort out is the default currency. I need all the prices to show correctly in GBP £ without the prices being converted first.

For instance, at present if i add a product in at 39.99 the product will end up showing as £22.57, i assume that is because it assumes my 39.99 entry is in USD. I have changed every setting that i can find to GBP, ENGLISH and £ etc. I have also changed the GBP conversionvalue to 1 and have even deleted every other currency from the currency table so GBP is the only value left.

Nothing i have done has worked, have i missed something?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Mike

Edited by - mikelane on November 25 2006 10:19:54

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - November 25 2006 :  17:41:50  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Dear Mike,

You need to also set your default currency to £.

This is achieved by modifying the currency conversion values which are stored in the currencyvalues table in the database.

Log in to your admin pages, and go to "Occasional Tasks" > "International" > "Currency Tables"

The currency that is set as "1" is the default currency and controls the master rate. So if you want your site to display in GBP £ then you would set GBP to 1.

You need to recalculate your other currencies accordingly to match this new default master rate.

Thank you

Regards,
Michael
VPASP SUPPORT
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00