Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 merchant emails
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Sharon
VP-CART Super User

357 Posts

Posted - November 15 2006 :  04:31:04  Show Profile  Visit Sharon's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Is there any way I can set an additional email address to get a copy of all emails sent to the merchant, on registration, order etc?

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - November 22 2006 :  22:24:09  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi,

Try the following.

In your shop configuration settings, locate the option xemaillist

In this field type tmp_emaillist.txt

Once you have reloaded your configuration settings, locate the file tmp_emaillist.txt on your server. You will need to edit this file and include your additional email addresses in this file in the format:
My Home,[email protected],tmp_merchantemail.txt

See the following helpnote for more information:
http://www.vpasp.com/helpnotes/shoptocdetail.asp?id=55#692

Thank you

Michael
VPASP SUPPORT
Go to Top of Page

Sharon
VP-CART Super User

357 Posts

Posted - November 23 2006 :  04:54:59  Show Profile  Visit Sharon's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks,

I found xemaillist and entered tmp_emaillist.txt as this is the file mentioned in the notes.
I edited tmp_emaillist.txt & added this as the last line:
Sharon,[email protected],tmp_merchantemail.txt

No joy. What have I done wrong?
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - November 23 2006 :  17:36:57  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Dear Sharon,

Make sure that this line you have entered into the tmp_emaillist.txt file is the only line in this file. Remove all other entries and this should work. The mailing may be failing because of the demo data in this file.

If you still experience problems, you may want to log a ticket to our support help desk so that we can assist further with this.

Thank you.

Regards,
Michael
VPASP SUPPORT
Go to Top of Page

Sharon
VP-CART Super User

357 Posts

Posted - November 24 2006 :  02:32:07  Show Profile  Visit Sharon's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I changed tmp_emaillist.txt to have only the one line. Now I get emails but the main merchant email address gets email with order number but no details whatsoever, raising a support ticket.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00