Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 Why VP-ASP would be better than osCommerce?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

KAT_Ayanami
Starting Member

6 Posts

Posted - November 06 2006 :  19:36:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, Im trying to decide between:

VP-ASP and osCommerce.

So far, I like

* osCommerce:
- It has an easier way to change between english and spanish without extra complications or work.
- Paypal can be easily integrated as a payment method.

* VP-ASP:
- The admin panel is WAY (and I mean WAY!) better than osCommerce in terms of practicallity, looks, organization and work.

Some comments or sugestions?

Kat.

Scooter
VP-CART New User

USA
102 Posts

Posted - November 07 2006 :  00:58:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Kat,

I think VPASP better but that just me.

Paypal already incldued in VPASp in free as well. Just need to turn it on and insert your payPal email addres.

Plus they have lots of languages and you can translate your own product and cntent page in admin so it change with what customer choose.

Work with italian and spanish and lots others.

Maybe VPASP wanna say here what it do?

Plus support always there which for me is great,. They help me lot when getting started so now I can help a little on forum. Lot of others do same.

i build intranet site for company I work for and it work great.

Scoota
Go to Top of Page

elammers
VP-CART Super User

USA
256 Posts

Posted - November 07 2006 :  07:29:18  Show Profile  Visit elammers's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I could ramble on about the dozen plus reasons I love VP-ASP but I will just focus on one, tech support. And to me it is an important subject no matter the software.

With complex code you eventually need to engage the tech support team. And if you are unlucky to be stuck with an inefficient process or team, then your problem lingers for days if not weeks. THIS COSTS MONEY IN LOSS REVENUE AND CUSTOMER TRUST. Therefore, I cannot say it enough that the tech support team and forums at VP-ASP are Grade A, top-notch, the best.

For simple problems, customizations, or newbie issues, the forums are quite helpful. The trouble ticket process has always been super fast and accurate for any issue I have submitted. Any ticket I have submitted almost always gets fixed on the first reply, which for me has usually been less than 24 hours (sometimes less than 12). None of this back and forth for days with the tech support team "working" on it.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Eric in Maine
Go to Top of Page

KAT_Ayanami
Starting Member

6 Posts

Posted - November 07 2006 :  07:36:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok, Im getting convinced about this product more than osCommerce (I just hate their admin panel)

So, paypal is on the free version? I want to buy the $250 one, but once I start making some profit (I have enough problems getting suppliers to get stuff from for now u_u)

And about the language, you can put double language on the website? But how would you do that for the products? I dont see an option to put a double explanation....

And one last thing, the ticket support system is only for payable versions, isnt it?

Like I said, I will get the $250, but once the project is started.

Thanks for the help.
Kat.
Go to Top of Page

elammers
VP-CART Super User

USA
256 Posts

Posted - November 07 2006 :  10:49:28  Show Profile  Visit elammers's Homepage  Reply with Quote
RE: PayPal - free addon for paid versions

http://www.vpasp.com/sales/epdownload600.asp

I've only ever set up paid versions of this cart, and I have had at least 1 client utilize PayPal as an option. It wasn't difficult to get PayPal installed. And that was with the first cart I ever set up 1 year ago this month.

RE: ticket support

VP-ASP can correct this if I state it wrong. But they use a point based system. So when you buy a paid version, you get XXX points. When you submit a trouble ticket, they charge you points unless it was a bug in the software, then no charge as I understand it.

Thus many people new to the system start in the forums for "free" support if possible. As a point of reference, I am no where near running out of points anytime soon.

RE: languages

Sorry, I have only had to deal with English-only sites so no experience in that arena.

Regards,

Eric in Maine
Go to Top of Page

KAT_Ayanami
Starting Member

6 Posts

Posted - November 08 2006 :  12:52:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok, now I just need to know if it can be done bilingual...

I mean, being able to change language like you change currency. And seing the descriptions in the language you have chosen.

Somebody knows? ^_^U

Kat.
Go to Top of Page

jubjub
VP-CART New User

110 Posts

Posted - November 08 2006 :  19:43:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
VPASP does provide multiple languages, and customers will be able to switch languages using a dropdown menu. What language are you looking to have? With some languages such as Chinese, Turkish and Japanese, you can't use Access, because it won't allow double bit characters, so you will need to use SQL Server or MySQL in those cases.
Go to Top of Page

KAT_Ayanami
Starting Member

6 Posts

Posted - November 09 2006 :  08:57:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok, thanks for all the help everybody!!!

Now, I need to get the money to get the $250 version. (too many bills right now!)

One last question, can you buy the VP-ASP and use it on more than one website?

Thanks!
Kat
Go to Top of Page

elammers
VP-CART Super User

USA
256 Posts

Posted - November 09 2006 :  14:49:47  Show Profile  Visit elammers's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Once you purchase your copy, read your email from VP-ASP. It will prompt you to obtain a license key. As I understand it, each key is good for one domain or IP Address. This license key must be entered into the license field in the Admin Console.

Here's the wiggle room that I remember reading somewhere, you can install more than one instance on the same domain.

Regards,

Eric in Maine
Go to Top of Page

Peter
VP-CART New User

125 Posts

Posted - November 10 2006 :  05:49:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by elammersHere's the wiggle room that I remember reading somewhere, you can install more than one instance on the same domain.

Some detail on this can be found here:

http://www.vpasp.com/virtprog/info/faq_howmany.htm

(Found via the FAQ link at the top of every page)

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00