Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 Convert Access To MySQL
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

glovesurgeon
Starting Member

8 Posts

Posted - November 03 2006 :  18:20:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, I've been running into a few issues running MS Access as my DB such as the site hanging and what not and I don't have any traffic except for me accessing the site at this point. I'd like to convert it to MySQL, is there an easy way to do this? Or any direction on how to do this would be appreciated....thank you!

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - November 05 2006 :  05:45:25  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi there,

You should not be experiencing this issue if no one is accessing your site.

Can you post a ticket in our online help desk and our support team will have a look at this for you.

https://www.vpasp.com/virtprog/helpdesk

Thank you
VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - November 05 2006 :  07:23:40  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
last time I had that problem it was because the host hadn't setup their server properly, and the access lock file (ldb) was being left and locking everyone else out (even when using read-only cursors) - it wasn't a coding issue, it was a host/server issue.

The old host continually denied it was anything on their side, despite the fact that a basic/debug cursor/connection would always lock out the database and cause the site to hang, but as soon as we switched to a different host everything magically worked without us making any code/database changes, so I drew my own conclusions on that one.

there are 2 good hosts that I know of: webecs.com and alentus.com
There are many others of course, but those 2 keep coming back as the best in my experience.

I don't know if that's the case with your site, but it's something to watch out for.

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons

Edited by - devshb on November 05 2006 07:39:46
Go to Top of Page

glovesurgeon
Starting Member

8 Posts

Posted - November 06 2006 :  11:42:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm using brinkster as my Host, I havn't had a problem in the past with another site that I have that uses and access database, doesn't use VP-ASP. I can check with Brinkster though thanks for the insight. Should I look at moving this to MySQL anyway now before I get this thing up and running? If so, how can I convert my current Access database and upload it to my host (Brinkster)? Any thoughts? Thanks again.
Go to Top of Page

glovesurgeon
Starting Member

8 Posts

Posted - November 06 2006 :  12:40:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
okay, I'm one step closer, I was able to convert my access DB to MySQL using BullZip. I've updated the shop$config.asp file to reflect the change to the MySQL database rather than the old Access DB, with the variables below.

const xDatabase="dbname" 'Database name
const xdatabasetype="MYSQL" ' Database type: empty or ODBC, SQLServer, Drive
const xSQLUser="username" ' SQL Server user
const xSQLPwd="password" ' SQL Server password
const xSQLServer="sql.address.com" ' SQL Server name or IP address

when I run the diag_mysqldbtest.asp test all 4 test fail (read, open, write, permissions). I see the error below on 3 of the lines

[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified .

Not sure what is causing this, I am able to access my MYSQL db using MYSQL Administrator. Any Thoughts? Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

jubjub
VP-CART New User

110 Posts

Posted - November 06 2006 :  17:45:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Try setting xdatabasetype to MYSQL351.
Go to Top of Page

glovesurgeon
Starting Member

8 Posts

Posted - November 06 2006 :  21:19:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks jubjub! That did the trick, the only thing that didn't pass this time was it didn't find the products table. I found out that the Bullzip program I used didn't bring over that table it had a problem with the default value properties and auto number properties that it had set when I converted, I unchecked those options and it created that table.

After that I was able to access the site, got another error that the orders table was missing, did the same as abover and it was created. Now I have one more issue and that is after I do the login for the admin pages I get the error below...any thoughts?

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80040e31'

[MySQL][ODBC 3.51 Driver][mysqld-5.0.23-community-nt]Incorrect datetime value: '23:14' for column 'fldtime' at row 1

/shop$db.asp, line 826

Thanks once again!
Go to Top of Page

glovesurgeon
Starting Member

8 Posts

Posted - November 06 2006 :  22:03:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok, I got that fixed, the issue was when I converted it set that field to a DATETIME datatype, changed this to just TIME and that issue is fixed. My one last issue...I think is I'm getting the following error

Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a000d'
Type mismatch
/shopproductsubs2.asp, line 114

I know this has something to do with the currencyvalues table but not sure exactly what the issue, the code for lines 113-115 is below.

Function Currencypriceconvert(price)
Currencypriceconvert=price*GetSess("Conversionvalue")
End Function

The access field and datatypes are below

id = autonumber
cid = text
fullunitname = text
conversionvalue = number
currencysymbol = text
theimage = text
hide = yes/no

My new mysql database fields and datatypes are below

id = integer
cid = varchar(50)
fullunitname = varchar(50)
conversionvalue = double
currencysymbol = varchar(100)
theimage = varchar(100)
hide = tinyint(4)

I'm not real familiar with MySQL so thanks again for your help and suggestions.
Go to Top of Page

glovesurgeon
Starting Member

8 Posts

Posted - November 08 2006 :  20:54:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Found the solution to this, this had to do with the cprice field in the products table. When I converted the database from access it changed this field from Currency (Access data type) to DECIMAL(18,5), changed this data type to Double and is working fine. I went ahead and corrected a few more fields in that table with the same issue. I'm guess I'm going to run in to a few more of these data type issues as I continue testing.

Thanks for your help.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00