Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 VP-ASP 6.50 Features and Facilities
 Version 6.50 in planning now!
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

patrickong
VP-CART New User

Singapore
58 Posts

Posted - November 28 2006 :  18:48:58  Show Profile  Visit patrickong's Homepage
I'm looking forward to seeing the Paypal subscription add-on (if any). See http://www.vpasp.com/virtprog/vpaspforum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4299

Edited by - patrickong on November 28 2006 18:51:22
Go to Top of Page

directd
Starting Member

14 Posts

Posted - December 08 2006 :  11:25:13  Show Profile
I would love to have real time shipping that would calculate shipping on a per item bases and not just add up total weight for all items. It would be even better if you could designate items to be totaled in weight and other items that would be calculated per item.

Thanks
Kris
Go to Top of Page

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - December 08 2006 :  14:42:45  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage
On a similar subject, I'm wondering if there's any plans for an address-picker (ie like amazon uses) for per-item delivery addresses.

We've got lots of code in our library and are about to build an addon for it, but would like to know any thoughts of support and other people generally.

that's related to the suggestion above, because unless you allow an address-picker then per-item shipping won't work properly as they won't group-together properly unless they're all manually entered identically.

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons

Edited by - devshb on December 08 2006 14:44:02
Go to Top of Page

vodka
Starting Member

35 Posts

Posted - December 11 2006 :  11:12:26  Show Profile
Recently visited products and recent searches, also. For the individual client, not acroos the site.
Go to Top of Page

directd
Starting Member

14 Posts

Posted - December 11 2006 :  18:59:35  Show Profile
Simon, can you explain what an address picker is and/or would do? I guess I’m unclear on what it is and how it would work with per item shipping.

Thanks
Kris
Go to Top of Page

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - December 12 2006 :  04:01:11  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage
The proposed address-picker is only really relevant for per-item deliveries, so if you don't use those then it's not really needed/relevant.

What I was thinking of was to store "address books" for each customer, so that when they choose a delivery-address for a certain item in the cart, they can choose from one of their already-created address entries without having to manually type it out again (or they can create a new address and use that one)

It avoids having to retype things, and also ensures that they match-up properly and will allow the shipping-grouping to work properly.

ie it'd work in a similar way to how you store/use addresses when you order from places like amazon.

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons
Go to Top of Page

rynert
Starting Member

25 Posts

Posted - December 12 2006 :  13:45:29  Show Profile  Visit rynert's Homepage
By way of an example.

Standard Shipping = £5.00
Express Shipping = £8.00
Upgrade to Express Shipping (from Standard) = £3.00

Free Standard Shipping at £75.00 order

When somebody spends £80 they qualify for Free Standard Shipping - so at this point there only shipping option should be Upgrade to Express Shipping = £3.00

I hacked in some code for this - so please don't tell me it already handles this!
Go to Top of Page

vodka
Starting Member

35 Posts

Posted - December 12 2006 :  17:51:12  Show Profile
A means for client uploads for photo or images where files are tracked by order and/or client and email is generated when a client uploads a file to vendor.
Go to Top of Page

directd
Starting Member

14 Posts

Posted - December 15 2006 :  07:33:19  Show Profile
It would be nice to be able to edit products on an order after it has been placed from the admin.
Go to Top of Page

directd
Starting Member

14 Posts

Posted - December 20 2006 :  21:46:35  Show Profile
To further make customizing sites easier and help make sites standout it would be nice to be able to have a way to add the code or a file for rollover buttons instead of just image files for buttons in the cart.
Go to Top of Page

Mark Priest
VP-CART Expert

United Kingdom
580 Posts

Posted - December 21 2006 :  22:10:11  Show Profile
OK,

Better page navigation, ive implimented this myself in every cart since version 4.5 i believe but its never put into releases. just a simple. <<< 1 2 3 4 5 6 >>> etc at the top and bottom of every page.

I like paul (blusky) automated email system for failed orders.

A double email box / check when signing up.

Customers have a nasty habit of changing their address details on the checkout page when they log in to make further purchases, but when they change the details it doesnt then update the database, which results in orders being sent to old addresses!!! This to me seems to be a major flaw. The boxes shouldnt be editable if they dont update it should just list their name and address like amazon and many other stores do, if you want to edit the details you have to click "edit"

Better mailing list functionality. Im currently trying to build phplist into vpasp because of its functionality in auto removing bounced emails.

Thats all I can think of for now.

Regards,

Mark
Go to Top of Page

Lori Titus
VP-CART New User

144 Posts

Posted - December 29 2006 :  12:42:10  Show Profile  Visit Lori Titus's Homepage
Don't know if the current version does it, but I would like to see an upsell feature. IE, if the customer is purchasing $40 worth of widgets, he would be asked at checkout if he like a container to hold those widgets for an extra $8?

Would like to be able to calculate shipping based on multiple boxes being shipped. IE, the USPS will ship containers only up to 70#. If the order weighs more than that, the order gets rejected since the PO will refuse to calculate shipping costs. However, if the program breaks an 80# order into two 40# orders, the PO will process the shipping costs.

If multiple ship-to addresses are given on one order, would like the shipping on each address combined for the purpose of calculating shipping costs. IE, if two items go to address1 and 3 items go to address2, the program currently calculates shipping on each item individually, instead of two packages going to two addresses.

On the same thought, if several of the same widget is being purchased and is going to separate addresses, the ability to separate the items in the shopping cart so that they can be sent to different addresses.

Again on the same thought - an easy way to note if an order has several shipping addresses, and the ability to print separate packing slips for each address on the order.

I'm sure there is more, but that is it off the top of my head. Waiting to upgrade until the new version comes out. Looking forward to some of the new features that will resolve my hacks!

The Internet's #1 supplier of honey and beeswax.
Go to Top of Page

Lori Titus
VP-CART New User

144 Posts

Posted - December 29 2006 :  12:45:14  Show Profile  Visit Lori Titus's Homepage
Thought of one more. How about the ability for a customer to enter a zipcode to calculate shipping on the current cart, without requiring that the entire address be entered at checkout? I know I hate entering my entire address on other websites, when I just want to check the shipping costs.

The Internet's #1 supplier of honey and beeswax.
Go to Top of Page

Peter
VP-CART New User

125 Posts

Posted - December 29 2006 :  18:00:18  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Lori Titus

Don't know if the current version does it, but I would like to see an upsell feature. IE, if the customer is purchasing $40 worth of widgets, he would be asked at checkout if he like a container to hold those widgets for an extra $8?

Excellent idea. Could even offer them a time limited special price or other incentive.
Go to Top of Page

gernot
Starting Member

Denmark
1 Posts

Posted - December 30 2006 :  15:46:55  Show Profile
Hi VP-ASP Support,

I'm missing the opportunity to set a re-ordering number for every product.
It should be to seen on the stock list, and it should also be possible to do a sort on the numbers.

Regards Tommy - and happy newyear
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3
Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00