Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 VP-ASP 6.50 Features and Facilities
 Version 6.50 in planning now!
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - October 25 2006 :  01:42:00  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage
Hi everyone,

We are in development mode for version 6.50 and are looking for any features that you think are a must for this new release.

As soon as we have a complete list of new features we will be posting them here for everyone to have a look at.

Thanks
Cam

VP-ASP Support

elammers
VP-CART Super User

USA
256 Posts

Posted - October 25 2006 :  07:12:33  Show Profile  Visit elammers's Homepage
Sale Feature

I would like to see a "Sale Feature". This tool would allow the merchant the ability to set a start/finish date and time. They then would be able to add whole categories or just individual products to the "sale". Finally, set the "percentage".

Real world example.
A holiday is coming in 2 weeks. I as the merchant want to post a "20% off all flags for Flag Day. This Thursday, Friday and Saturday only!". I could then go into the Admin Console and configure all of that stuff days or weeks prior and then it would automatically kick in according to my settings.

Regards,

Eric in Maine
Go to Top of Page

vodka
Starting Member

35 Posts

Posted - October 25 2006 :  10:46:04  Show Profile
Better Fancier Product navigation. I would like to see something along the side bar that would drill down through categories to individual products.
Go to Top of Page

rvaga
VP-CART Super User

USA
254 Posts

Posted - October 25 2006 :  11:05:33  Show Profile
Search results text highlighting option!

Go to Top of Page

theringlord
VP-CART New User

107 Posts

Posted - October 25 2006 :  13:16:17  Show Profile  Visit theringlord's Homepage
When I ungraded the last time I started a list. I've emailed this list to vpasp support today. PLease let me know if oyu would like ot see any codechanges I've implemented.

Edited by - theringlord on October 25 2006 13:16:57
Go to Top of Page

theringlord
VP-CART New User

107 Posts

Posted - November 03 2006 :  10:38:40  Show Profile  Visit theringlord's Homepage
I just remembered a feature that would be fabulous that I can't seem to find a work around for...

We need a way to have people request an email when something comes back into stock. An automated email would be great - but any system is better than none. We get a lot of requests from people who want us to let them know when something is available again. We have no way of storing this info right now.
Go to Top of Page

George Netuschil
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - November 05 2006 :  22:02:41  Show Profile
I have customer based pricing set up. However, I need a way to have the customer assigned his price level ( entered directly in customer table contacttypeid)automatically. When he completes a field in shopcustregister.asp (tax number)and hits the submit I need him to recieve an email with a user and password that we would be able to set.

I do not care if the number is legit or not as we have a minimum for wholesale orders and if he gives us a bad number, that is his problem.

I'm sure this is possible, but it is a little over my head and I am not getting any takers in the forums.
Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

bluesky
VP-CART Super User

304 Posts

Posted - November 09 2006 :  10:11:16  Show Profile
Failed Carts ?

Many reasons failed carts , abandoned carts

Automatic email asking cusotmer to come back and complete
being sent automatically after say 12 hours and then delete details after say 36 hours automatically if order not complete

PAUL
Go to Top of Page

portion
VP-CART New User

86 Posts

Posted - November 10 2006 :  21:07:47  Show Profile
A template system/plugin
Go to Top of Page

thnxm
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - November 11 2006 :  08:03:10  Show Profile
can you implement the use of product bots ie adding code to just items in a list and not to use your templates but standalone ones.
Go to Top of Page

elammers
VP-CART Super User

USA
256 Posts

Posted - November 16 2006 :  08:44:20  Show Profile  Visit elammers's Homepage
Saw this today at an online store. In the category list, to the right of each category there was a number in parens which equaled the number of products in that category.

Regards,

Eric in Maine
Go to Top of Page

Peter
VP-CART New User

125 Posts

Posted - November 16 2006 :  17:44:35  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by support

We are in development mode for version 6.50

When do you expect 6.5 will be available?
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - November 16 2006 :  18:46:23  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage
Hi Peter,

We are looking at 1st quarter next year for the release of the new version.

Customers within the 12 month license period at the time of release will be able to upgrade for free to the new release as well.

Thanks
Cam

VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page

Happy
VP-CART New User

90 Posts

Posted - November 23 2006 :  19:52:05  Show Profile
If a person orders the same product twice, the cart shows the product twice, each with quantity 1. I would like a feature built into the app where in such cases the cart shows only one product but with quantity of 2.

Thanks,
Happy
Go to Top of Page

devshb

United Kingdom
1904 Posts

Posted - November 23 2006 :  20:05:45  Show Profile  Visit devshb's Homepage
the problem with showing the product twice only happens when a product has features I think; if a product doesn't have any features then it'll sum them together.

but, having said that, if you add a product twice to the cart which have the same set of features-chosen each time, then it would indeed be useful if those could get summed rather than split.

we applied that as a customisation once, but it wasn't much fun at all.

Simon Barnaby
Developer
[email protected]
www.BigYellowZone.com
Web Design, Online Marketing and VPASP addons

Edited by - devshb on November 23 2006 20:13:12
Go to Top of Page

Happy
VP-CART New User

90 Posts

Posted - November 25 2006 :  12:57:59  Show Profile
Thanks Simon. I see your point. My products have features and that is why, I guess, will have to live with it.

Thanks,
Happy
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3
Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00