Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 Help with permissions
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jayceew
VP-CART New User

USA
114 Posts

Posted - October 07 2006 :  09:30:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi All,
I had a motherboard go bad, so I replaced it. While I was at it I also updated to DVD drives and added another hard drive. I also did all the xp pro sp2 updates.

Everything runs fine except that I can no longer access the site I was building in dreamweaver 8 on my local host. I get a not authorized to view this site message or a do you want to download this file message when I try to open the site. Also my DB is locked and I can't seem to unlock it .
I did the anti virus fix, I reset all permissions, nothing seems to work.. I even tried starting a new site from scratch without dreamweaver, and I can't get that to open either. But I can get the IIS demo site to run..

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks
Jack

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - October 08 2006 :  05:30:04  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Jack,

You have set up Norton or your anti virus as per the following faq?
http://www.vpasp.com/helpnotes/shopexd.asp?id=798

If no one else can offer any suggestions please feel free to post this in our help desk so our support team can look into for you.

Thanks
Cam

VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page

jayceew
VP-CART New User

USA
114 Posts

Posted - October 08 2006 :  08:36:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Cam,

Thanks for answering, I did disabled Mc Afee Script Blocking. I have the Mc Afee fire wall too, but I don't see anything there that can cause the problem. I think it has something to do with one of the sp2 updates, I'm going to work on it a little more and if I can't get it working I'll submit a ticket. Funny thing is , I tried moving the site to another machine and it works.

Thanks Again

Jack
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00