Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 From Demo to Plus Version
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

frank Cochrane
Starting Member

United Kingdom
11 Posts

Posted - October 07 2006 :  05:17:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
All,
I have absolutely no knowledge of asp and even less about the stucture of servers.
I have had a look at the demo version (which I placed with my ISP) and decided I need to purchase the plus version.
I intend to run this direct from my ISP and would like to know if you recommend replacing the free demo version that is situated on my test area with my ISP with the plus vesion I have just purchased. (Would that be the normal proceedure or is one supossed to upgrade the other )?
When this shop is finally finished it needs to be put on my clients web space with a different ISP - Is this likely to present a whole bunch of new problems or is it just a question of transfering the whole thing via ftp.

On the subject of my lack of knowledge can anyone recommend any (simple) reading matter that will give me an understanding of what should be happening on the server side - but I do mean simple!

Thanks,
Frank

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - October 07 2006 :  05:35:27  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Dear Frank,

The Starter Pac and Plus Pac files should not be mixed togeather. We would recommend that you place them in seperate folders.

You can use the header/footer and database file from the plus pac however the .asp file should be kept seperate.

If you choose to run both the Starter Pac and Plus Pac at the same time on the same webserver then please make sure that the xshopid values in the shop$config.asp file are different for each store, this will prevent the shop's configuration from clashing between the two stores.

Radek Rekas
VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00