Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 Buy X Product get X product half price
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Mark Priest
VP-CART Expert

United Kingdom
580 Posts

Posted - October 03 2006 :  15:13:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi All,

Is it possible to do the following?

I have some items, which when you buy them it entitles you to other items at half price?

Regards,

Mark

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - October 04 2006 :  09:42:04  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Mark,

By default you can offer a free product as in buy one get one free. You may be able to modify the code though to make it half price.

We have not tried this however so I can't provide an yfurther advice at this point on how to achieve this one.

Thanks
Cam

VP-ASP Support
Go to Top of Page

elammers
VP-CART Super User

USA
256 Posts

Posted - October 04 2006 :  14:41:01  Show Profile  Visit elammers's Homepage  Reply with Quote
If you're only talking about a handful, couldn't you set up a 2nd product record for the half-off item with it's list price already at the half-off price, but the catch is to have it as hidden. But then in the product that entitles the person to this half-off item, you could have a link in the description to the half off item.

Regards,

Eric in Maine
Go to Top of Page

Mark Priest
VP-CART Expert

United Kingdom
580 Posts

Posted - October 04 2006 :  17:02:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Guys,

Thanks for your replies.

The only way I can see to do it it to set up the half price items as features, and then select the feature! Would this work?

I also want to do a buy 2 get 1 free, but this will be on a selection of products (6 actually) so I think I will try the feature option, where by you select three features, each one being one of the three products, I hope you can follow me on this!

Regards,

Mark
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00