Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 Customization
 Dreamweaver 8 help
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

liking
Starting Member

9 Posts

Posted - October 02 2006 :  22:40:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,
I am new to dreamweaver and vpasp shopping cart. Can you guys help me out how to modify the front page (default.asp)? When I use dreamweaver to open shoppage_header.htm, only the vpasp logo display properly, the rest all I see jus a asp dots/samples. Is that suppose to be? or do I need to setup dreamweaver in order to display shoppage_header.htm properly? Thanks for your hlep.

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - October 03 2006 :  00:58:04  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi there,

It happens because you are in Design mode in Dreamweaver and you need to switch to Code mode to see.

To do it go to the top menu->View and select Code option or use tabs "Code", "Split", "Design" which are located under file name to switch between different views.

Michael
VPASP SUPPORT
Go to Top of Page

elammers
VP-CART Super User

USA
256 Posts

Posted - October 03 2006 :  09:05:04  Show Profile  Visit elammers's Homepage  Reply with Quote
To elaborate a bit, layout is controlled by tables in VP-ASP and portions of the outside tables are in the header file while other portions are in the files below. Therefore, when you open up just one of those files in design view, Dreamweaver is only seeing the first chunk of the table code; therefore, whacky look.

So as support posted, you really need to dive into it via code or split view.

Regards,

Eric in Maine
Go to Top of Page

liking
Starting Member

9 Posts

Posted - October 03 2006 :  22:46:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for your help!
Maybe I need to learn more about dreamweaver and the vpasp shopping cart first before to modify the front page.
Does someone wrote a step by step document to show you how to modify the shopping cart from start to finish? Please let me know. Thank you.
Go to Top of Page

support
Administrator

4679 Posts

Posted - October 04 2006 :  16:22:08  Show Profile  Visit support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
One thing you might find useful when you are designing your site in Dreamweaver, is to actually combine shoppage_header.htm and shoppage_trailer.htm into the one file (copy the contents of shoppage_header.htm into a new file, and then paste the contents of shoppage_trailer.htm immediately below this. Call the new file shoppage_template.htm)

You should then be able to open this file up in Dreamweaver (which we use and recommend) or any other HTML editor to make the required layout changes.

Once you need to put the template back into VPASP, simply copy from the top of the code down to the line that reads:

<!-- END SHOPPAGE_HEADER.HTM -->

And replace the code in your original shoppage_header.htm file with this code.

Similarly, you will then need to copy from the line:

<!-- START SHOPPAGE_TRAILER.HTM -->

Down to the end of the file, and replace the code in your original shoppage_trailer.htm file.

Hope this helps.

Thank you

Regards,
Michael Dunkley
VPASP SUPPORT
Go to Top of Page

dwaldman
Starting Member

27 Posts

Posted - April 10 2008 :  06:17:32  Show Profile  Visit dwaldman's Homepage  Reply with Quote
ok so i combined the header and trailer and poof was easily able to get this done. thanks for your help.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00