Welcome, Guest ( Customer Panel | Login )

All Forums
 VPCart Forum
 General help me questions
 custom queries in shopexd.asp
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

pelicanPaul
Starting Member

31 Posts

Posted - September 30 2006 :  16:14:01  Show Profile  Visit pelicanPaul's Homepage  Reply with Quote

Hi,

I would like to make it so the SQL query in the shopexd.asp file is different - I do not know what limitations there are in VP ASP for custom queries. I would like it to do a JOIN to another table. I have my query working in ACCESS but it makes for an error on my page..

I am new to VP ASP.

The query is just this in the "out of the box" code.

sql="SELECT * from products WHERE products.catalogid=" & catalogid

I want to change it to below. What is strange is that even if I explictly list all the fields in the table products and not do a JOIN, it still errors.

Error Type:
(0x80004005)
Unspecified error
/HunterHouseStore/shopexd.asp, line 89

Below is my new query...

' FULL JOIN
' sql="SELECT products.catalogid, products.ccode, products.cname, products.subtitle, products.shorttitle, products.cdescription, products.cprice, products.ccategory, products.cdescurl, products.features, products.cimageurl, products.cstock, products.weight, products.mfg, products.pother1, products.pother2, products.pother3, products.subcategoryid, products.retailprice, products.specialoffer, products.category, products.buttonimage, products.cdateavailable, products.allowusertext, products.pother4, products.pother5, products.userid, products.keywords, products.template, products.extendedimage, products.extendeddesc, products.selectlist, products.level3, products.level4, products.level5, products.minimumquantity, products.crossselling, products.hide, products.productmatch, products.customermatch, products.orderattachment, products.orderdownload, products.groupfordiscount, products.clanguage, products.points, products.pointstobuy, products.price2, products.price3, products.billprice, products.billinstallments, products.billinstallmenttype, products.billinterval, products.maximumquantity, products.frontpage, products.inventoryproducts, products.taxfree, products.freeshipping, products.highercatalogid, products.spdisplaytype, products.hassubproduct, products.impressions, products.cdateadded, products.cdateupdated, products.templatelisting, products.size, products.format, products.tradecode, products.pages, products.pubdate, products.noofillu, products.tablecont, authmas.Authid, authmas.fname, authmas.lname, authmas.mname, authmas.Authfoto, authmas.postnomals, authmas.pro_aff, authmas.Forthcoming, authmas.priopen, authmas.website, authmas.briefbio, authmas.authbio FROM products INNER JOIN authmas ON products.level3 = authmas.Authid WHERE products.catalogid=" & catalogid

pelicanPaul
Starting Member

31 Posts

Posted - October 04 2006 :  09:55:24  Show Profile  Visit pelicanPaul's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I solved this by not declaring the fields explicitly in the products table - kept it select products.* and was able to do a join to my custom table "authors". just a FYI for others that go down this path.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000
0 Item(s)
$0.00